Author Topic: No Baggage Belt or Loader  (Read 8037 times)

lehbird

No Baggage Belt or Loader
« on: November 28, 2012, 06:37:53 pm »
Hello:

I purchased this product about a week ago and all of the ~20 times I have run it, I have yet to have a conveyor belt or person to load the luggage. The luggage tractor simply pulls up to the plane, stops for a peirod of time, and then drives away. I have run at many airports, with the following aircraft:

Wilco A320
Feelthere E-Jets V2
Feelthere ERJ V@
QW757

All with the same result.

All other systems work fine, the catering truck shows up, I get a loader for that, and items are unloaded, its only the luggage with the issue. I searched the forums and added the aircraft height fix, but still no luck.

Thanks,

Dave

I

boilerbill

Re: No Baggage Belt or Loader
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 07:13:21 pm »
You must load the aircraft before calling for boarding or deboarding. The number of carts that are sent is determined by the number of passengers.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 07:21:09 pm »
I searched the forums and added the aircraft height fix, but still no luck.

There's no need for that fix since many versions ago. In fact, it might be the cause of the problem.

Try to RESET the Airplane configuration for all your airplanes, using the airplane configuration utility, this will use the configuration that comes with GSX, removing any modification you added.

lehbird

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 07:21:32 pm »
You must load the aircraft before calling for boarding or deboarding. The number of carts that are sent is determined by the number of passengers.

Not sure what you mean.... The aircraft passangers have boarded, luggage trucks arrive at the aircraft as they should, just no bags are loaded.

lehbird

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 07:24:22 pm »
There's no need for that fix since many versions ago. In fact, it might be the cause of the problem.

Try to RESET the Airplane configuration for all your airplanes, using the airplane configuration utility, this will use the configuration that comes with GSX, removing any modification you added. 

Ok- I don't think it caused the problem as I had the problem prior to trying the fix, but I will do as you say above and let you know what happens.

Thank you,

Dave

boilerbill

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 12:36:59 am »
Not sure what you mean.... The aircraft passangers have boarded, luggage trucks arrive at the aircraft as they should, just no bags are loaded.

I believe all 4 aircraft that you listed use separate configuration programs to set the passenger, cargo and fuel loads before selecting the aircraft in FSX. Try starting each configuration program by right-clicking on its filename/icon and selecting Run as Administrator. This gives the program sufficient rights to alter the necessary files to save your loads.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

lehbird

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 04:20:27 am »
virtuali:

I have reset the aircraft as you suggested, but still no loaders or movement of luggage.

Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 07:45:14 am »
I have reset the aircraft as you suggested, but still no loaders or movement of luggage.

Doesn't happen here and nobody reported this before. If you see everything *except* loaders, it seems the airplane configuration is wrong, because the program can't find a suitable loader, this is usually because the doors are set too low.

Which is why resetting the configuration to the default values MUST work. Surely it should work with a default airplane.

Try to Uninstall GSX entirely (reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine?" which are made at the end of the uninstall process) and reinstalling, using the CURRENT installer. Download it again if you are not sure. Current version is 1.7.6

lehbird

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 02:16:43 pm »
Ok, but before I do, one last question...

Are there any settings in FSX which would control what I see w/ GSX? For instance, could my display & special effects sliders be set too low?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 02:30:03 pm »
Are there any settings in FSX which would control what I see w/ GSX? For instance, could my display & special effects sliders be set too low

Only the "Advanced Animations" flag, if turned off, will result in objects with bones animation (all humans) to disappear, which is why the GSX installer automatically enables it.

lehbird

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 02:35:07 pm »
Understood. Thank you.

lehbird

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 07:36:13 pm »
virtuali:

Reinstall solved this problem as well as my sound issues.

Thank you,

Dave

pannellg

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 10:15:22 pm »
Umberto,
I'm having a similar problem that lehbird had and followed all of your suggestions; I attempted to customize it for my default B737 and then finally I removed and reinstalled Addon Manager, and still have no baggage belt or loader for my aircraft.  All other figures and all the other vehicles are present, just no baggage belt or loader...Thanks for any help you can provide.

Garland

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 10:23:15 pm »
I attempted to customize it for my default B737

You don't say the most important thing: does the problem happened *before* you start customizing it, or only *after* ? The default 737 doesn't need any customization to begin with but, of course, it can customized. However, to understand the problem, it's important to know if the problem happens only after you start to customize an already supported airplane.

All other figures and all the other vehicles are present, just no baggage belt or loader...Thanks for any help you can provide.

It's not clear if you *really* have the SAME problem reported by lehbird, which is:

The luggage tractor simply pulls up to the plane, stops for a peirod of time, and then drives away

If this is what is happening, it's possible there's no problem to begin with and the loader simply doesn't show up, because you are loading zero passengers (no load on your stations), so GSX simply skips the vehicle.

finally I removed and reinstalled Addon Manager

If you are missing the loaded vehicles, because you skipped a major update in the past, doing this won't fix anything, because updated vehicles are either in the vehicles update installer (link as a stick thread on this forum) OR in the full GSX installer.

Try to download and install the full GSX installer instead, at least you would be sure you have all the most current version of the vehicles.

pannellg

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 04:25:28 pm »
Umberto,

Thanks for getting back with me.  The problem happened before I attempted any customization.  I had no problem with the default 737 in the past.  I'm not sure what you mean by "no load on your stations" because if I request passengers and a bus shows up and the luggage tractor shows up, then why wouldn't the baggage belt and driver show up as well? 

I did uninstall and reinstall the entire GSX installer so as to get the latest version; still the luggage tractor simply pulled up, stayed for a couple of seconds and drove away, and there was no baggage belt/conveyor belt loader.

Garland