Author Topic: GSX Problem - Python25.dll are missing **SOLVED**  (Read 17258 times)

lukascaptain

Re: GSX Problem - Python25.dll are missing **SOLVED**
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2015, 10:39:09 am »
Okay i tried it ones again.
First in have uninstalled the GSX and cleaned up my registry. After a reboot, I downloaded the current installer and turned of my Avira. After that I started the installer, but I still have the same Problem....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2015, 10:58:27 am »
I can only repeat and confirm what I said:

If you are SURE you are installing a current installer you just downloaded, and you are still getting the Python25.dll error, IT'S 100% SURE IT'S THE ANTIVIRUS, which is mistakenly blocking the installation of the updated file, so you are still stuck with the old one.

What's version is your Couatl.exe file, in the FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl folder ?

lukascaptain

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 09:54:28 pm »
It is 2.0.0.2378

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2015, 12:51:24 pm »
It is 2.0.0.2378

Which, as I've said, it's the OLD version. The current one has a build number of 3000+, that identifies Couatl 3, which is the only version included in our installers now, so it's not possible you'll get the old version by mistake by downloading the current GSX installer.

So, if you are SURE you are installing a current installer you just downloaded, IT'S 100% SURE IT'S THE ANTIVIRUS, which is mistakenly blocking the installation of the updated file over your old installation, so you are still stuck with the old one.

lukascaptain

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2015, 02:17:34 pm »
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

On the left side I clicked on the downnload link.
While installing I turned of my Avira and I have no other antivirus program.

I also tried the couatl updater but the same problem occured after the instalation.

Might it be that something is wrong on my pc, something is wrong with my Windows?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2015, 02:53:14 pm »
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

That's the correct link (it's the only link we have, so it's not like you can download something old by mistake...), and it doesn't contain the version Couatl.exe version 2.0.0.2378 so, that can only come from your existing installation.

The only possible reason why you are not getting the correct Couatl.exe, is because the antivirus blocked it. Which is strange, since (according to Virustotal.com) NONE of the 57 antivirus engines listed there, which includes Avira, report it as a threat.

Try this:

- Restart Windows

- Uninstall GSX from the Windows Control Panel.

- Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine ?"

- Reinstall GSX, be absolutely sure you run the installer you downloaded, not some other installer you might have in your system. Be sure the installer you run reads version 1.9.12 when it starts.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 06:54:06 pm by virtuali »

lukascaptain

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2015, 06:28:25 pm »
Okay I did it as you told me, but it is still Version 2.xxx installed
Yes the instaler was redownloaded and also version 1.9.12

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2015, 06:56:02 pm »
Sorry, but that's not possible. When you did this (if you did it, of course...)

- Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine ?"

The uninstalled removed the WHOLE fsdreamteam\couatl FOLDER from FSX and, since the current installer comes with the 3.0 version, it's not possible the old version came out again.

Unless you have skipped that step AND the antivirus is STILL interfering. OR, you *downloaded* the 1.9.12 installer, but you have launched another one. As I've said, check the version number of the installer which is displayed WHEN THE INSTALLER STARTS.

And again, please be sure you do ALL the steps I listed before. Do not skip ANY step. After the uninstall, check if the fsdreamteam\couatl has been removed, which is what the installer normally does.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 06:58:44 pm by virtuali »

lukascaptain

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2015, 07:09:26 pm »
I have uninstalled it ones again and I clicked on YES to remove addon manager and YES to remove couatle engine.
The fsdreamteam folder in FSX main folder still excists, but it is empty
Now I turn off my avira and I install it again

lukascaptain

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2015, 10:07:19 am »
sorry that i have been away for so long time, there have been some problems in family.
But now I am back, I installed it again as you described it. But still the same...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2015, 11:30:54 am »
sorry that i have been away for so long time, there have been some problems in family.But now I am back, I installed it again as you described it. But still the same...

Then I can only repeat and confirm you are NOT installing the current GSX 1.9.12 installer, because there no way you would end up having Couatl 2, since it's NOT CONTAINED in the installed, and it's NOT ONLINE ANYMORE on the server the 1.9.12 installer connects to.

So, either you haven't done what I asked ( removing the old files manually ). or you are not installing the latest installer.

lukascaptain

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2015, 05:05:41 pm »
I have no idea anymore what to do, it is just still the same, I followed every step you told me

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2015, 05:33:03 pm »
I have no idea anymore what to do, it is just still the same, I followed every step you told me

Then I can only repeat and confirm you are NOT installing the current GSX 1.9.12 installer, because there no way you would end up having Couatl 2, since it's NOT CONTAINED in the installed, and it's NOT ONLINE ANYMORE on the server the 1.9.12 installer connects to.

So, either you haven't done what I asked ( removing the old files manually ). or you are not installing the latest installer.

lukascaptain

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2015, 12:36:48 pm »
can maybe this one cause the problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2015, 06:42:17 pm »
can maybe this one cause the problem?

No, that message is NOT an error, it simply saying that, since you don't have that product installed, there's no need to download that file, so it's skipping it. It's totally normal.

As I've said, many times by now, so, either you haven't done what I asked ( removing the old files manually ). or you are not installing the latest installer.