Author Topic: GSX Problem - Python25.dll are missing **SOLVED**  (Read 17246 times)

flightdeckjedi

• Keep the spirit!
    • I V A O
GSX Problem - Python25.dll are missing **SOLVED**
« on: November 25, 2012, 02:44:27 pm »
Hello guys,

I've been using GSX since its released last february and very happy with this product, no problem whatsoever until last week,

Everytime im starting the FSX, there is a notification regarding couatl issue :

• The Couatl Scripting Engine for FSX has detected that the file(s) d:\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator x\fsdreamteam\couatl\python25.dll are missing. Please reinstall the product.

Im not using anti virus, firewalls off, win7 64bit and i've try to reinstall windows & FSX + GSX 4 times this week with no success.

Im also try to remove all the addons (NGX, FS2Crew, ASE, EZDOK Camera, Shade and other) still didn't solve this problem.

Is there any idea or solution?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 09:40:59 pm by virtuali »
Intel i7 2700K, Z68A-GD65 (G3) (MS-7681), Noctua NH-U12P SE2 ,
GTX680 GPU, 16GB Corsair Vengeance™ — 4x4GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit,
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Hard, Windows 7 64Bit & Corsair 850W PSU.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Problem - Python25.dll are missing
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 03:35:21 pm »
The obvious question would be:

have you checked if the file that is reportedly missing, is *really* missing ?

flightdeckjedi

• Keep the spirit!
    • I V A O
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 03:44:05 pm »
Hello Umberto,

Sure and its not missing, i have this python25.dll.

But still this message keep showing up and the GSX not working.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 03:49:54 pm »
Sure and its not missing, i have this python25.dll.

Than it means the message meant the other option (other than it might be missing) which is that it might be modified. Since it's a .DLL, you can't exclude the chance a virus attached to it so, in this case, nothing will work, because all our products use executables integrity checks so, nothing will work if it's not the version as we installed, meaning it was modified on the user system.

Another possible chance is, do you have another copy of the Python 2.5 installed in your system ? Or a product that uses Python as a script language, like Blender ?

flightdeckjedi

• Keep the spirit!
    • I V A O
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 04:59:20 pm »
Okay, i dont think have any other product using phyton, as this computer only for flightsim purpose.

Is there any possibility what kind of flightsim software can modify this file? or other software maybe?

In fact everything is working great for a few months and suddently just stop working.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 05:50:50 pm »
Is there any possibility what kind of flightsim software can modify this file? or other software maybe?

As I've said, there's a chance it's a real virus, which affects any executable. Or, perhaps there might be a running process attaching to every executable, like the ATI Tray Tools free utility (if you have it, try to disable it) or a similar system utility.

flightdeckjedi

• Keep the spirit!
    • I V A O
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 07:11:12 am »
Hello,

I see, okay, i'll try another windows reinstallation just to make sure it will be clean and using anti virus this time.

I'll install GSX first before another addon/ program, let see how it goes :)

flightdeckjedi

• Keep the spirit!
    • I V A O
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 05:05:39 pm »
H again,

I use anti virus (Kaspersky) for system defense and install the FSX + GSX.

Until now, everything is great, FSX working good.

I'll keep you update! Thanks Umberto, appreciate it.

BrandonLH81

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 02:29:14 am »
I have the same issue right now . Did you have to re-install Windows to fix the problem ? Hopefully that wasn't the case since i dont have a copy of Windows 8 just sitting around

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 09:42:20 am »
I have the same issue right now . Did you have to re-install Windows to fix the problem ? Hopefully that wasn't the case since i dont have a copy of Windows 8 just sitting around

No, you only need to configure the antivirus properly, and reinstall with the antivirus turned off.

BrandonLH81

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 02:14:16 pm »
I have uninstalled All of my FSDT Products and Flightbeam products , and now turned off my Anti-virus AVG program . Is there anything else i need to do as far as configuring my Anti-virus?

Thanks for the help :)

Update : I re-installed my products and now have couatl running in the task menu , but it isnt in the addon options on the top in FSX ???
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 02:38:10 pm by BrandonLH81 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 06:40:53 pm »
Update : I re-installed my products and now have couatl running in the task menu , but it isnt in the addon options on the top in FSX ???

Maybe is still running from the previous launch and is stuck for some reason (likely the antivirus, when it was still active). Try to close the Couatl.exe with the task manager, then reinstall GSX again.

BrandonLH81

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2014, 01:09:40 pm »
That worked thank you!

lukascaptain

Re: GSX Problem - Python25.dll are missing **SOLVED**
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2015, 11:40:48 pm »
Hello to everyone.
I now have the same problem, I reinstalled GSX with turned off antivirus, but still the same error. what to do now?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Problem - Python25.dll are missing **SOLVED**
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2015, 09:56:27 am »
Again, I repeat and confirm the *current* version of Couatl.exe, doesn't have ANY reference to Python25.dll anywhere.

If you are still getting that error, it means:

- You are installing an older version of GSX

OR

- Your antivirus is blocking the installation of the current version of Couatl.exe (contained in the new installer), so you are stuck with the old one, which WAS requiring Python25.dll but, it cannot find it anymore, since the NEW installer has (correctly) removed all files that were needed by the old version, and are not needed anymore by the new one.

But if the antivirus has mistakenly blocked the new one from installing, it's normal you would see such error from the old one.

It's very easy to identify a new version from the old one, since the build version of the old Couatl.exe (the one that required Python25.dll) was 2-thousand-something, which means it's Couatl 2, and outdated version.

The current Couatl 3 has a build number of 3-thousand-something, which means it's Couatl 3, it requires Python27.dll, and it has been released as a non-Beta at the start of August 2015.

None of the installers we have online now contains Couatl 2 so, it's not possible you get it by mistake when installing any of them, provided of course you are running *them*, not an old download you might still have around.

If you are SURE you are installing a current installer you just downloaded, and you are still getting the Python25.dll error, IT'S 100% SURE IT'S THE ANTIVIRUS, which is mistakenly blocking the installation of the updated file, so you are still stuck with the old one.