Author Topic: GSX - Could not find valid AFCAD...  (Read 25180 times)

bill1970

GSX - Could not find valid AFCAD...
« on: November 23, 2012, 10:22:25 pm »
I've been using GSX for a while and happy with it.  Today I purchased and installed some FDST seneries and installed them.  The sceneries work fine, but I've lost GSX (at any aiport, stock FSX or my new FDST airports).  Whenever I request ground services (CTRL+F12) I get a mesage: "Could not find valid AFCAD  data at this postion, services are not available."

I've tried it at KSEA - Gate A10 and KLAS - Gate A14.  The aircraft I'm using is the PMDG 737 NGX

At KSEA, the message disappears after a few seconds and no menu appears.  At KLAS, I get the same message, but the menu appears with the KLAS actions to open the various hangar doors, but no options for ground services.

I tried reinstalling the C++ redistributables as mentioned in other threads, but this did not fix the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bill Rowe

xfxian

Re: GSX - Could not find valid AFCAD...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 12:35:03 am »
I have exactly the same problem! I downloaded some of the FSDT Trial Sceneries to buy them during sale (Zürich and Geneva), but since I installed them GSX does not seem to work anywhere.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 02:34:28 pm »
Could you please activate the GSX Logging feature (in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings) and post here your logs ?

xfxian

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 02:59:20 pm »
Got it! I did a quick sweep through the log which said that there was a permission error while re-generating the scenery cache. I figured that for some reason I may not be running FSX as an administrator anymore (which I usually do) and explicitly started it with administrator rights - Tadah, the cache was rebuilt successfully and GSX works fine again. Thanks for the pointer to the log!

bill1970

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 08:33:01 pm »
I had the same permission issue in my log file.  Turns out somehow the folder got marked as Read-Only.  Once I unchecked that, GSC worked fine.

Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 08:40:57 pm »
Turns out somehow the folder got marked as Read-Only.  Once I unchecked that, GSC worked fine.

Which folder ? The C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes ? Or some other folder ?

murfman89

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 03:34:15 am »
Need help with this, getting the same error after installing LATINVFR San Diego.  Which folder might be locked if thats the issue.  If I hit F12, the hangers are optional, but not the gates, not in KSAN or KLAS.  Tried restarting and reinstalling latest update.  Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 01:46:13 pm »
Need help with this, getting the same error after installing LATINVFR San Diego.

Please clarify if you are getting this message only at San Diego, or in other places too.

murfman89

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 04:17:46 pm »
Sorry, every airport.  Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 06:38:50 pm »
Enable logging in the Troubleshooting page of the Settings, then send me a Couatl.log file.

Wilster

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 06:37:18 am »
Hello, I'm getting this error message too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know the email where to send the log file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 11:40:26 am »
The email to send support requests to, is on the "Contact" page of the site.

Wilster

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 05:37:56 am »
I've unchecked every non-standard addon, disabled antivirus, reinstalled C++ packages, reintalled GSX  and I'm still getting this frustrating message. Is there any other way to solve this??

Wilster

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 06:16:15 am »
OK - I think it's solved!

What I did was to follow this steps (taken from another post):

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall non standard sceneries. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

SKEWR

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 04:33:02 am »
I'm not sure if it was Latin VFR or if it was Scenery Config Editor (Program you can turn on and off scenery). However, some program is causing FSX's folder to become "Read Only". I uncheck the "Read Only" box and restarted FSX then GSX and no problems. FSX in not in default drive and I'm running Win 7 64.