Author Topic: GSX - Could not find valid AFCAD...  (Read 25164 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX - Could not find valid AFCAD...
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 10:59:05 am »
However, some program is causing FSX's folder to become "Read Only". I uncheck the "Read Only" box and restarted FSX then GSX and no problems.

It's either caused by a bug of that scenery installer, which doesn't set permissions correctly, or because you copied those folders from a DVD backup. However, since GSX doesn't need write access to that folder, it's probably not just the read-only permission wrong, but also some other permission missing.

abbaabb

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 10:36:35 pm »
Hello guys,

I have a problem with Aerosoft USSS scenery, when i press ctrl+F12 there is a mistake "Could not find valid AFCAD" coming up. I activated the GSX Logging feature, restarted sim, tryed once again "ctrl+F12" - this mistake still existed BUT i have no .log file in my AppData\Roaming\Virtuali  folder, so i cannot send it to you 
What should i do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2013, 11:46:42 am »
BUT i have no .log file in my AppData\Roaming\Virtuali  folder, so i cannot send it to you 

That file is not created, unless you enable Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings page.

abbaabb

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2013, 12:08:21 pm »
BUT i have no .log file in my AppData\Roaming\Virtuali  folder, so i cannot send it to you  

That file is not created, unless you enable Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings page.

This function is enabled but there's no .log file , as i said before.

Updated:  i just opened Couatl.ini file and saw this: http://i021.radikal.ru/1308/30/6d1e2a57a7f6.jpg   Maybe that's the reason why .log file still isn't created?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 12:21:46 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2013, 12:23:22 pm »
Maybe that's the reason why .log file still isn't created?

That's likely: it's strange because your entire user name is missing. Perhaps the problem is your Windows language. Try to add your user name manually.

abbaabb

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2013, 06:44:16 pm »
Maybe that's the reason why .log file still isn't created?

That's likely: it's strange because your entire user name is missing. Perhaps the problem is your Windows language. Try to add your user name manually.

That is what i did, and GSX refused to start and even dissapeared from addon menu. Couatl.err has been created with this inside:

couatl v2.0 (build 2348)
panic log started on Sat Aug 10 14:34:28 2013
error in config file C:/Users/Администратор/AppData/Roaming/Virtuali/Couatl.ini: character conversion failed

couatl v2.0 (build 2348)
panic log started on Sat Aug 10 20:21:12 2013
error in config file C:/Users/Администратор/AppData/Roaming/Virtuali/Couatl.ini: character conversion failed

I changed .log path to C:\  and finally .log file was created. Here it is down there.

P.s. There is a string " IGNORING Addon Scenery/Koltsovo 2012/Scenery (layer 168): type is 1 (should be 3)" . This is it ...where i cannot load gsx services. 

abbaabb

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 09:12:43 am »
Solved with this

« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:46:03 am by abbaabb »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl

RamonaTigier

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2015, 10:14:28 pm »
I'm not sure if it was Latin VFR or if it was Scenery Config Editor (Program you can turn on and off scenery). However, some program is causing FSX's folder to become "Read Only". I uncheck the "Read Only" box and restarted FSX then GSX and no problems. FSX in not in default drive and I'm running Win 7 64.
This seems to be an issue after last FSX:SE update (Sept., 8th 2015) as well - switch from "read only" to "writable" helps.
Many thanks!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 10:16:54 pm by RamonaTigier »