Author Topic: GSX Questions ?  (Read 7625 times)

davide92

GSX Questions ?
« on: July 15, 2012, 08:56:07 pm »
Hi all, I've bought GSX when it was realised and so far I've got nothing to complain about :)

I just have some questions,

1 - In the Crj 700, some cargo doors are on the left side. Can GSX put cargo belt on the left side ? If not when will it be possible ?
    2 - Today I was fliing with an airplane that had 3 cargo doors, is it possible to add a third cargo door to GSX ?
    3 - In the 747 F there is a cargo door in the nose of the aircraft, is it possible to add a cargo lift there ?
    4 - When I fly to LPPT( my hometown airport) the pushback is done by those by trucks and not with the small ones (see video for refference
). Can we choose the type of pushback trucks ? They use something like this (http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4141/4746237371_0f2e7f5aec_z.jpg)
        5 - Is there an option for deicing ?
[/list]

Apart of that it's a wonderfull add on :D

PS: Is it possible for a certain airline for example TAP, with all TAP airplanes the cargo boxes will say TAP Portugal and with their logo. For Iberia the same, Iberia airplane cargo boxes will say Iberia and will have their logo. ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Questions ?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 09:23:55 pm »
1 - In the Crj 700, some cargo doors are on the left side. Can GSX put cargo belt on the left side ? If not when will it be possible ?

This has been discussed several times on the forum, GSX doesn't support loading cargo from the left side. Might appear in a future update, but it's not supported right now.

2 - Today I was fliing with an airplane that had 3 cargo doors, is it possible to add a third cargo door to GSX ?

Same as above, but I don't believe we'll add a 3rd cargo door in the normal version. This might change it we'll release an expansion package based on GSX, covering real world cargo operations, which is something we are considering.

3 - In the 747 F there is a cargo door in the nose of the aircraft, is it possible to add a cargo lift there ?

See my above reply. Nose cargo doors will be added in a cargo-dedicated product, but not in the GSX base program.

4 - When I fly to LPPT( my hometown airport) the pushback is done by those by trucks and not with the small ones (see video for refference
). Can we choose the type of pushback trucks ?

As explained on the manual, the truck type is selected depending on the airplane weight.

They use something like this (http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4141/4746237371_0f2e7f5aec_z.jpg)

We have that type in GSX, and it's configured to appear when the airplane max_gross_weight from the aircraft.cfg is more than 170000 lbs. AND the parking radius is larger than 18 meters.

5 - Is there an option for deicing ?

This has also been discussed many times on the forum: they are surely planned for a future upgrade of the base program (meaning: a free update), but will come after we'll add the two missing editors: the graphical Airplane configuration editor, and the Marshaller/Docking system editor.

PS: Is it possible for a certain airline for example TAP, with all TAP airplanes the cargo boxes will say TAP Portugal and with their logo. For Iberia the same, Iberia airplane cargo boxes will say Iberia and will have their logo. ?

We need to add a TAP repaint to the vehicles set. That can be done fairly quickly so, expect it to see it soon.

cowings1588

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 05:33:23 am »
would like to see GSX with the ability for belt loader on left side for CRJ'S & ERJ'S.. Alot of airlines schedules call for Express jets to certain most US cities within certain range..  Its kind of funny not getting to see them serviced as well as mainline & others that do have them on right side..

COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 09:15:37 pm »
would like to see GSX with the ability for belt loader on left side for CRJ'S & ERJ'S.. Alot of airlines schedules call for Express jets to certain most US cities within certain range...

Yes, this is planned too.

RamonaTigier

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 08:23:50 pm »
Hi Virtuali!

I know this thread is quite old, but what about the promised changes? :)

Any news on this?

Many thanks.

Cheers!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 12:36:57 pm »
I know this thread is quite old, but what about the promised changes? :)

It's *very* old, and GSX supports loading cargo from the left side since the June 2013 update, so it's more than 2 years...

RamonaTigier

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 10:18:11 am »
Hi,
thanks for the fast answer, but then I got an issue with GSX.
When asking GSX for (De-)Boarding CRJ-700 the ramp arrives from the right and connects from the right through the plane to the left cargo bay. (MEGA Airport X Düsseldorf)
I reinstalled GSX, but has the same behavior.
Any ideas?
Maybe the error is in front of the screen! :)
Many thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 02:52:32 pm »
When asking GSX for (De-)Boarding CRJ-700 the ramp arrives from the right and connects from the right through the plane to the left cargo bay. (MEGA Airport X Düsseldorf)

Which CRJ-700 ? The default one, has not configured in the GSX internal database to use any loaders, so you are not supposed to see them. If you want to see cargo loaded from the left, you must configure a cargo door there.

And, what do you mean with "the ramp" ? The jetway maybe ? That doesn't have anything to do with GSX.

RamonaTigier

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 09:47:49 pm »
[...]
Which CRJ-700 ? [...]
"the ramp" ? [...]

Yes, the default FSX:SE one. Ok, so I need to configure it. I will have a look if I can find a manual to do this. :)

Ramp=loader (sorry, english isn't my foreign language. :( )

Many thanks for answering. !! :)