Author Topic: probs with catering  (Read 3425 times)

5mokin

probs with catering
« on: November 21, 2012, 10:28:57 pm »
hi,
im using the default 737 and as you know only a few doors open,as the catering crew are waiting for these doors to open that i cant i cant progress any further,
i did read some where the GSX will know these wont open and the staff walk straight throw the door but mine wont and i just get that bleep saying "open door 3"

ideas/suggestions

best

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: probs with catering
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 11:49:29 pm »
i did read some where the GSX will know these wont open and the staff walk straight throw the door but mine wont and i just get that bleep saying "open door 3"

First, you should try to Open that door. Which, by default, is set to Shift+E then the number 3 quickly thereafter.

Does it open ?

If not, it means you have modified the default 737 aircraft.cfg after installing GSX because, there's a bug in the file as distributed my Microsoft, were the 3rd door doesn't open, because the number_of_exits in the aircraft.cfg is mistakenly set to 2, when it should be 3, since the door IS animated and rigged to a variable in the model itself. The default A321 doesn't have this bug.

The GSX installer FIXES this, and set the parameter to 3 but, if you changed the aircraft.cfg for the default 737, the fix will be lost. Open the aircraft.cfg and check the number_of_exits parameter, and be sure is set to 3, which is how it's supposed to be.

If the door still doesn't open, after you verified that parameter is correctly set to 3, it's most likely your timing between pressing Shift+E and then 3 which is not right. Try with different delays.

Yes, you could of course configure GSX to IGNORE this door, in the Airplane configuration utility, but it will be wrong to do it on an airplane that HAS an animated door, like the default 737 (provided the aircraft.cfg has been fixed, which is what the GSX installer does), that option is usually a last resort to be used only with airplane that have static/painted doors with no animation, so you need to inform GSX there's a door, but can't be opened, so GSX shouldn't wait for it.

As I've said, this is not the case of the default 737, which DOES work and has an animated catering door, so you shouldn't configure GSX to ignore it, but rather try to open it!