Author Topic: door option for freeware planes  (Read 7275 times)

fls

door option for freeware planes
« on: February 14, 2012, 06:59:09 pm »
No doors option please!!!! For those planes whose doors do not like freeware or can I fix by removing exits command in airplane file? Again thanks for the program!!!! Also would like to to taxi to active option!!!

Frank :D :D :D

pete_auau

Re: door option for freeware planes
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 12:20:11 pm »
there  are  maps  diagram of the airport  to taxi  to the  active   or  if  you  cant  use the  maps   than use  the fsx  atc  to get  the taxiway numbers  write  them   down  than taxi following the taxiway  signs  or if  you  can use the f11   key  for the overhead   option  or  if  you dont  wont  to taxi  just  start  from the  active  rwy.  Doors option  i think is  being  looked  into 

booforty

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 02:05:43 pm »
I too would be very grateful for a "no doors" or "ignore doors" option as the freeware Concorde I use only has the one main door.

Other than that, thoroughly enjoying GSX - best product for FSX yet!  ;D

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 03:30:28 pm »
If you don't have doors, just don't request those services.   ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

booforty

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 03:34:14 pm »
If you don't have doors, just don't request those services.   ;)

Which would mean no baggage loading/unloading and no catering service!

I've paid for all services thank you!

pete_auau

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 02:38:48 am »
If  you want  to have  the  services  than  you got  to use  aircraft  that  are  capable  of   opening  the  doors   or  find  the  key  command  that  do open the  doors.

booforty

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 12:06:33 pm »
If  you want  to have  the  services  than  you got  to use  aircraft  that  are  capable  of   opening  the  doors   or  find  the  key  command  that  do open the  doors.

freeware aircraft don't always have the function to open various doors, so a simple overide option to ignore whether doors are open or not would allow many freeware aircraft to be used with GSX.

It's only a small ask!  :D

Sx-ako

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 01:38:02 pm »
I am sure there is a way to add more exits on a freeware plane but I dont know how.
 Do you have any idea?

Eisbahn

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 02:13:48 pm »
I am sure there is a way to add more exits on a freeware plane but I dont know how.
 Do you have any idea?

If the aircraft model does not have moving doors the only way to get opening doors is to use a different model.

Sx-ako

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 03:52:52 pm »
If by changing the values of exits in the aircraft? Will it add more exits?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 04:47:04 pm »
If by changing the values of exits in the aircraft? Will it add more exits?

Just changing that value doesn't do anything if the model is not already made with opening doors and linked to the correct simulation variable.

The default 737-800 model it's rigged all right with 3 set of doors, it was just the number_of_exits parameter in the aircraft.cfg that has been wrongly set to 2 instead of 3, but you can't use this to magically add animated doors to any freeware airplane that doesn't have them. You have to upgrade the .MDL file itself, which should done by the original authors.

boilerbill

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 08:10:45 pm »
I'm not particularly interested in the door option, but I would second the request for taxi instructions. I use Radar Contact and as good as RC is, it does not supply detailed taxi instructions like the default ATC does. I'm not interested so much in taxiing out to the active runway — I know what gate I'm at and where the active runway is, so I can find it myself. But after landing at an unfamiliar airport and being assigned a gate, it can be very difficult to find the best way to get to that gate. Yes, I know a Follow Me car is available, but how many times does an airline pilot ask for one? In real life (in the US at least), a pilot simply requests 'progressive' taxi instructions from ground control or the tower. I've done that myself many times while flying Cessnas. If FSX's default ATC can read off the route and/or provide arrows, surely the FSDT wizards could find a way to do it. If nothing else, just show the route that the Follow Me car would follow in leading me to the gate.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

cbruce

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 02:37:00 pm »
I got this answer from the FSDT team, as I use the Posky 737-900 (freeware):

You can customize GSX to work with any airplane, using the supplied Aircraft configuration utility, which allows you to graphically set doors.