Author Topic: Cargo Doors in FSX Won't Open  (Read 6610 times)

simpilot

Cargo Doors in FSX Won't Open
« on: November 18, 2012, 10:10:41 pm »
I know this has got to be an easy fix but I haven't figured it out yet.  I've seen dozens of posts on the topic and tried them all, but to no avail. 

Anyone ever had a problem with cargo doors not opening on default FSX aircraft with Windows 7?  I have tried so many things in the past week but nothing will allow me to open the cargo or emergency doors.  I have:

1. Looked at the airplane.cfg file on various platforms and checked the [exits] coding on the 737, A320, and 747. They're all coded correctly with the right number of exits listed.
2. Uninstalled all add-ons and am now down to the basic FSX with SP2.  Still no luck.
3. Tried Shift+E+1 and every other number on the keyboard.  No luck.  It just keeps opening and closing the main exit.
4. Changed the "Open/Close Door" key from "Shift+E" to a variety of other one-key options (because I thought I was too slow with the "Shift+E+1" option).  No luck.
5. I've seen cargo doors open and close on aircraft adjacent to mine at the jetway or in parking areas, but my aircraft will only open its main cabin door.

I'm not the best with looking at coding and figuring out which files to open to search in the first place.  Anyone stuck like me or am I the only one with this problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cargo Doors in FSX Won't Open
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 11:50:26 pm »
3. Tried Shift+E+1 and every other number on the keyboard.  No luck.  It just keeps opening and closing the main exit.

With default airplanes, the correct command is NOT Shift+E+1 it's

Shift+E

And then, after a brief pause the 2 key on the normal keyboard (not the numeric keypad). This, of course, assuming you haven't changed the default key assignment in FSX.

Shift+E and then 1 equals the 1st door, which is the Main door and, it's equivalent to just Shift+E, so the 1 after it is not needed.

simpilot

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 11:29:15 am »
I know that's the way it's supposed to work, but for some reason it's not.  I've tried it with Shift+E and then every number on my keyboard.  I've tried it fast, slow, and every way in between. It's just not recognizing the combo in any order or at any speed.

I then changed the open/close door assignment to the letter "K" on my keyboard just to see if I was holding the Shift+E combo incorrectly.  Again, I got the same results-- tap the "K" key, pause, hit a numeric key, and nothing happens-- except the main cabin door keeps opening and closing every time I hit the "K" key!  I tried it faster, slower, and everything in between--same results; no cargo/emergency doors open.

It's as if FSX is just not recognizing that part of the plane.  As I said previously, I've seen the airplane.CFG files and they're all coded correctly for the [exits] sections.  Does anyone know how that file works?  Could FSX when it is loading up for some reason just skip over parts of that file because something is telling it to override certain coding sections?  I can't read computer code, but I can compare mine to the correct sequences or something like it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 12:35:20 pm »
Try to change the FSX key assignment to use a single key, this will eliminate any doubt if the airplane model is not working for some reason.

simpilot

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 02:30:51 pm »
First off, thanks for your help and advice.  It is appreciated a bunch!

I did do that.  I changed the open/close door assignment to the letter "K" on my keyboard.  Again, I got the same results-- tap the "K" key, pause, hit a numeric key, and nothing happens-- except the main cabin door keeps opening and closing every time I hit the "K" key!  I tried it faster, slower, and everything in between--same results; no cargo/emergency doors open; just the main cabin door opening and closing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 02:43:27 pm »
I did do that.  I changed the open/close door assignment to the letter "K" on my keyboard.  Again, I got the same results-- tap the "K" key, pause, hit a numeric key, and nothing happens-- except the main cabin door keeps opening and closing every time I hit the "K" key! 

If you change Shift+E to become K, so you still have to press a numeric key in sequence to access the cargo doors, if the problem was either your timing OR some kind of timing problem with the keyboard, it won't change compared to Shift-E

What I've said, instead, was to assign the CARGO doors to a single key, so you won't have the problem of having to press two keys in sequence, and leave the main doors with Shift+E

simpilot

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 03:43:33 pm »
Right.  I got that.  I did do it.  I changed the "Open/close doors" to the "K" key and then tapped it followed by a numeric.  The only thing that happens is the main cabin door keeps opening and closing.  I tried it quickly, slowly, and everything in between.  I get the same results every time.  It doesn't matter which one I try-- K+ 0, K+ 1, K+ 2, K+ 3, etc...  The main cabin door keeps opening and closing and the cargo doors do nothing.

I'm curious about a statement you wrote-- "...was to assign the CARGO doors to a single key,..."

On my version of FSX I cannot assign cargo doors.  There's no option for it.  Is there some type of "hidden" key that can be assigned or something like that?