Author Topic: Configurations of Doors on default FSX aircrafts.  (Read 8420 times)

Sx-ako

Configurations of Doors on default FSX aircrafts.
« on: November 18, 2012, 04:09:05 pm »
Hello, due to some cockpit upgrade, I lost the cargo doors opening feature in the default Boeing 737-800.
The shift + E combination is used to open the cockpit windows and the Shift + E + 2 is used to open the main door.
For that reason I would like if you can post any details of the exits doors required and how can I add them to open the cargo doors with Shift + E + 3.
I have tried to fix them through the aircraft.cfg but no luck till now.

I hope to hear from you soon
Antonis SX-AKO

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Configurations of Doors on default FSX aircrafts.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 04:48:22 pm »
I don't know why you opened a new thread, when there was already one about this, which I've just replied to you:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6165.0

I repeat and confirm that's the correct solution for the default 737-800, and it's the same fix applied by the GSX installer.

Sx-ako

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 07:23:56 pm »
I thank you for your answer but I had already tried your solution and it does not work. I even changed the number of exits to 6 and still nothing happens. So I started a new post not only to solve the problem with the B737-800 exits but also to learn how can I add more exits.

For example. On the B737-800 the aircraft has 4 passenger exits, 2 cargo doors and 4 emergency exits. For me the only one that works is the main passegner exit. A friend told me that if I change the number of exits to 6, all of them(cargo, emergency and passenger exits) will work. That didn't work thought.Also your solution of changing them to 3 did not work either.
My issue is not narrowed down to the B737-800. I have encountered these issues of not been able to use features of GSX in some other aircrafts too and I would like to solve them in order to assist and help other solve them. But still I dont know the way to solve them.
So my questions are:

1)Is there a way to add more animated exits (passenger, cargo, emergency) in  aircrafts (default, freeware addons, payware addons) of FSX in order for GSX features to actualy work correctly( and not wait for an exit that cant be opened) on most of the planes that a user can possibly has?
2) If yes, can you post me a guide on how to change them?

Again sorry if my post is not the first one, but I searched for other posts with the same problem and didn't find the solution I am looking for.
Thanks in advance
Antonis SX-AKO

boilerbill

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 08:18:40 pm »
I don't think there is any way for GSX to operate anything on an aircraft. All it can do is remind you to open/close each door at the appropriate time. You've got to figure out how to work each aircraft's doors yourself. I know some aircraft require the Advanced animations option to be checked. It may also help if you go to the Controls menu in FSX and clear out the default Shift+E command, restart FSX, and then type it in again.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 09:37:43 pm »
I thank you for your answer but I had already tried your solution and it does not work

Yes, it does. You are not pressing the keys correctly.

I even changed the number of exits to 6 and still nothing happens. So I started a new post not only to solve the problem with the B737-800 exits but also to learn how can I add more exits.

You still don't understand: the default 737-800 it's a SPECIAL CASE. It WAS modeled with 3 sets of doors ( main, cargo and emergency ) but the number_of_exists parameter in the aircraft.cfg was wrongly set to 2 instead of 3.

By setting it to 3, you only set it to the value it should have been, which is correct for ITS .MDL FILE.

NO other value will work, you just can't auto-magically creates exits from thin air, by simply changing the aircraft.cfg, in order to work an exit must be:

1) Modeled in the 3d model file of the airplane, the .MDL file

AND

2) Animated in the 3d model file

AND

3) Associated with a simulation variable, so the animations is controlled by that variable

AND

4) Active in the aircraft.cfg

An airplane needs to have ALL 4 STEPS completed.

The default 737-800 missed ONLY the 4th, that's why it was so simply to fix. You just can't apply the same magical trick on any airplane out there!!

Sx-ako

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 11:41:59 am »
Ok then I most problably made a mistake on the aircraft.cfg of B737-800. I will recheck it.

Thanks for the answer about if someone can add more exits and how.
And sorry for the new thread I created but I expected that the way of creating new exits would be easier.