Author Topic: FSX crashes with FSDT products  (Read 14606 times)

mulgrave

FSX crashes with FSDT products
« on: November 04, 2012, 04:22:08 pm »
HI

I have GFX, LA airport, JFK and recently purchased Geneva airports. all working Ok till I installed geneva, FSX started to crash and I was getting the bglmanx.dll problem.
I formated my hard drive reinstalled FSX and all FSDT softwares, I got same problems. Reinstalled Visual C++ softwares but no success.
I removed all FSDT softwares. FSX start without any problem.

Please help

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX crashes with FSDT products
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 04:45:20 pm »
As explained in many other threads, before reformatting, there are many other option to try first:

1) Run FSX as Administrator.

2) Check you don't have any "compatibility mode" for FSX.EXE enabled. Right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure nothing is checked on that page, which is how FSX defaults to.

3) Try a Windows reboot. Launch FSX again, ALLOW the module to run, even if FSX says it might cause problems, and even if FSX crashes. Try a couple of times, and if it doesn't work, reboot Windows again and try again.

4) Download the following file:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/4053/bglmanx.dll
and put it into the FSX root folder, overwriting the one that is already there and try if it works.

If it doesn't work, try with this one instead:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/6195/bglmanx.dll

If one of these files works, then it's SURE your system had a corrupted version of the VC++ libraries, which the MS installers weren't able to fix.

mulgrave

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 07:48:08 pm »
Hi

Thanks for your reply.
I read and tried all solutions that were on the forum before posting and as I said when I removed FSDT product, FSX works fine.
I also formatted my drive, reinstalled fsx, vc+++ libraries, etc..., etc....but when I installed again FSDT airports and GSX , fsx show the bglmanx.dll error then crashes.

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 09:09:49 pm »
I also formatted my drive, reinstalled fsx, vc+++ libraries, etc..., etc....but when I installed again FSDT airports and GSX , fsx show the bglmanx.dll error then crashes.

You surely haven't tried all the solutions posted above. Try them all, because it's simply not possible you are getting this error if you really tried all the solutions posted above.

mulgrave

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 07:00:38 pm »
Hi

1- I, again, removed then reinstalled FSX + acceleration.
2- started FSX without FSDT products , no problems starting FSX
3- installed FSDT products, FSX crashes
4- copy and pasted bglmanx.dll from ( 6195), FSX started OK but no add on manager on FSX menu
5- installed add manager, started FSX, FSX crashed
6- copied again bglmanx.dll, FSX started OK, but no add on manager on FSX menu
7- reinstalled C++ libraries, still same as above.

Please help

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 08:16:17 pm »
4- copy and pasted bglmanx.dll from ( 6195), FSX started OK but no add on manager on FSX menu

You still haven't tried everything I've listed: there were two version to try (6195 and 4053), have you tried BOTH ?

Also, try the following:

- Go in the Windows control panel, and Uninstall ALL the instances of the Visual Studio 2005 redistributable runtimes. You might have more than one version: remove them all.

- Then, after removing everything related to VS2005, reinstall again these 3 files:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26347

AFTER installing all the runtimes, it could be useful running Windows Update and update everything, including the optional downloads.

If this doesn't work, try this instead:

- Go into your Windows\WinSxS folder and delete the simconnect 10.0.61259.0 folder. Then REPAIR the FSX SP2 (or Acceleration, if you have that one instead) setup, this will restore a broken Simconnect

mulgrave

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 08:44:16 pm »
Hi

Thanks, I tried both versions 6195 and 4053.
I shall follow again the described procedure and will revert

Thanks again

mulgrave

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 12:02:05 am »
Hi

Tried all above procedures and last one with WinSxS (Go into your Windows\WinSxS folder and delete the simconnect 10.0.61259.0 folder. Then REPAIR the FSX SP2 (or Acceleration, if you have that one instead) setup, this will restore a broken Simconnect  )
Now I am getting the following error eventhough I resinstalled FSX accceleration.( see attachment)

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 10:37:59 am »
Now I am getting the following error eventhough I resinstalled FSX accceleration.( see attachment)

You are getting TWO entirely entirely unrelated errors.

The first one is quite clear, Couatl.exe can't start because you Simconnect is missing/corrupted. You should have repaired the Acceleration setup NOT uninstall and remove it, because the repair does other things that might fix Simconnect.

The 2nd one doesn't have ANYTHING to do with any of our products, {smartassembly} it's an error that can be generated only by a .NET program, and none of our products require or use .NET so, it's coming from another product, and it looks like a .NET framework required by that product is also missing on your system.

mulgrave

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 01:58:55 pm »
Hi

Noted your comments
The reason, I re-installed FSX acceleration because I, first,run acceleration repair but that did not get the simconnect back. Neither did the full acceleration re-installation.
I had to restore windows 7 to a previous restore point and that got back the simconnect.dll
Now FSX starts with "6195" version of bglmanx.dll (not with 4053 version). However, add-manager is missing in FSX menu (I also reinstalled all C++ visual libraries as per your advise).

The 4 FSDT products cost me a lot of Money, they are very good, would like to use them again and buy other in the future but this problem needs to be solved.

Please advise any other solution.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 02:45:26 pm »
Now FSX starts with "6195" version of bglmanx.dll (not with 4053 version). However, add-manager is missing in FSX menu (I also reinstalled all C++ visual libraries as per your advise).

That means it hasn't started. The Addon Manager has only two external dependecies: VC++ 2005 runtimes and Simconnect so, if it doesn't start, one of them has problem.

If you have a look at this message, were the user had a similar problem, it was caused by a problem with Simconnect:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7481.msg62687#msg62687

And it was fixed by reinstalling the SP2 in his case.

mulgrave

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 06:06:27 pm »
Hi Noted. However, I reinstalled all C++ visual as you recommended and I don't get simconnect error now as I restored win 7 to previous point and got the simmconnect.dll back.
As I mentionned FSX is only starting with bglmnx.dll version 6195, unfortunately I can get add-manager menu.
I believe I exhausted all possible ssolutions that you recommanded and the problem still remains.

[As you can see from Microsoft site, it sent alert not to delete simmconnect
Quote:
\Support Alert: Do not delete SimConnect.dll 
2/8/2007 

It has come to our attention that some FSX customers are experiencing intermittent problems with add-ons not working when using the SimConnect interface.  This might be seen through the loss of add-ons appearing in the Add-on menu or the obvious discontinuity of functionality between the add-on and FSX.
 We are actively looking at this problem, and have tracked it down to a NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_RESET in the low level connection layer of the Operating System.
 Although we do not yet have a solution for this problem, we do know this is not related to an improper or incomplete installation of the SimConnect server with FSX.  PLEASE DO NOT MANUALLY DELETE THE SIMCONNECT.DLL ASSEMBLY FROM THE WINDOWS SIDE BY SIDE DIRECTORY!  We have seen posts in the forums alluding to the fact that this might solve the problem, but not only will this NOT solve the problem, you are more likely to incur additional problems by trying to manually delete this file.  If you feel strongly about re-installing SimConnect or any other portion of FSX, please use the "Repair Installation" option from the FSX program setup file on your DVD:  setup.exe.
 Correcting the intermittent connection problem will likely require an update of the SimConnect dll, which will be installed as part of an update to the FSX program.

UNQUOTE

I don't know if you have other suggestions/tests as now I am frustrated and ready to giving up using FSDT  products which costed me a lot of money.

mulgrave

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 06:11:05 pm »
Hi

this is the message I am getting now ( attached):
If I click yes, then FSX crashes.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 08:21:55 pm »
this is the message I am getting now ( attached):If I click yes, then FSX crashes.

We are back to the start, this problem is ALWAYS fixed by doing one of the following:

1) Run FSX as Administrator.

2) Check you don't have any "compatibility mode" for FSX.EXE enabled. Right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure nothing is checked on that page, which is how FSX defaults to.

3) Try a Windows reboot. Launch FSX again, ALLOW the module to run, even if FSX says it might cause problems, and even if FSX crashes. Try a couple of times, and if it doesn't work, reboot Windows again and try again.

Another thing to check, is that your antivirus hasn't corrupted the bglmanx.dll, trying to "heal" it.

mulgrave

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 04:11:11 pm »
Hi

I run FSX in Admin
I tried again rebooting many times as advised but no success. Always getting couatl ( bglmanx.dll error, if I copy the bglmnx.dll ( version 6195) FSX starts but no add-on Manager loading.

Anyway, I went to the extreme and removed FSX, FSX sp2, FSDT products, all Visual C++ 2005 , all other FSX add-ons ( spent days/hours installing them).
I am now reinstalling new copy of FSX + Sp1, Sp2 ( not acceleration), visual C++2005 as per your recommendation  then FSDT products before any other add-ons and will see what happens.

Note : PC harware/Software
Kaspersky internet security 2012
Latest Nvidia drivers 306.97
2 x GTX 580 graphic cards ( SLI)
CPU i7-2600K @340 GHz
Win 7 64 bits