Author Topic: Couatl not running  (Read 7443 times)

furger

Couatl not running
« on: November 04, 2012, 01:09:32 am »
Hi,

After having had quite some enjoably time with GSX and other FSDT products like LSZH I now encounter problems with running them. The problem is that I can not start it anymore, i.e. I when starting FSX I do not see any task in the tasklist called couatl, therefore no menu "Couatl powered products" in the the "Addon Manager" menu (which I still can see with FSUIPC or PMDG menu options) and I also do not see any FSDT buildings or vehicles.

What I did up to now is:

- I switched the antivirus off

- then I downloaded and installed GSX

- then I uninstalled GSX again (I replied YES when asked to remove the Addon Manager and Couatl Engine)

- I reinstall GSX

- then I launched FSX

But still there is neither a couatl task in the task list nor is there any menu "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

I do not get any error messages. There is a correct looking Couatl section within EXE.XML and other installed add-ons are running fine. The files bglmanx.dll and couatl.exe are excluded from antivirus scanning. Neither FSX.EXE nor COUATL.EXE is marked as running in compatibility modus.

I also tried to activate the FSX diagnostic mode (SIMCONNECT.INI as mentioned below). However I did not get any text window with diagnostic messages.

[SimConnect]
level=errors
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Any good idea what I can do?

furger

Re: Couatl not running
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 01:53:41 am »
Ok, at least I got a SimConnect Diagnostic Output (I had to put the INI file in the correct [German "Flight Simulator X-Dateien" and not English language "Flight Simulator X Files"] folder)

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61259.0
0.14823 Exe Launch Failed:  GetLastError=0x000002E4  Path="fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe"  CommandLine=""
0.15425 Exe Launched:  Path="3wirex.exe"  CommandLine=""  Version="1.2.0.0"
0.17304 Exe Launch Failed:  GetLastError=0x000002E4  Path="E:\FS-SIMtimizer\FS-SIMtimizer.exe"  CommandLine=""3wireX1
Aircraft Carrier Simulator for FSX
Written by Rhys Eddy and Rob James, 2007
Version 1.2
Loaded settings
0.20946 Exe Launched:  Path="E:\vLSO\vLSO.exe"  CommandLine="auto"  Version="0.6.3.7"
0.22031 Exe Launched:  Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\DirectOutput\SaiFlightSimX.exe"  CommandLine=""  Version="6.2.2.4"
0.24572 Exe Launched:  Path="E:\AICarriers\aicarriers.exe"  CommandLine="-nogui"  Version="<Unbekannt>"
0.53496 Exe Launch Failed:  GetLastError=0x000002E4  Path="E:\FsRaas20\FsRaas20.exe"  CommandLine=""
0.55665 DLL Failed to load. Check for missing dependencies.
0.55676 DLL Load Failed:  Error=-3  Path="bglmanx.dll"
0.56142 DLL Loaded:  Path="PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll"  Version="2.0.0.1"
0.56734 DLL Loaded:  Path="VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll"  Version="10.0.0.13"PMDG SimConnect Version Loader (E:\FSX\PMDG_SimConnect_Ldr.dll)
Looking for appropriate SimConnect DLL Version...
        Checking for: FSX SP2 / AccelPack    (61259.0) -- Found! Loading...
PMDG Options -- Initializing SimConnect with window creation
0.62870 DLL Loaded:  Path="PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll"  Version="10.0.61355.62"PMDG Events -- Initializing SimConnect with window creation
0.65797 DLL Loaded:  Path="PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll"  Version="10.0.61355.62"PMDG Sounds -- Initializing SimConnect with window creation
0.67976 DLL Loaded:  Path="PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll"  Version="10.0.61355.62"
0.68613 DLL Loaded:  Path="Missions\Flylogic_Patrouille_Suisse\PS_Replay\PSPlayer.dll"  Version="1.1.0.0"Loaded sound
Connected to Flight Simulator.

Any ideas on the interpretation of these messages?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 12:14:59 pm »
0.55665 DLL Failed to load. Check for missing dependencies.
0.55676 DLL Load Failed:  Error=-3  Path="bglmanx.dll"

That's the common problem of missing libraries. Since the only dependencies for the bglmanx.dll (if that doesn't start, Couatl will not start too) are:

- The VC++ 2005 runtimes
- The FSX Simconnect from SP2 or Acceleration

Your problem is surely caused by one of these missing/corrupted. Try the solutions posted here, especially the two related to the VC++ runtimes AND the one related to Simconnect.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7524.msg62751#msg62751

mulgrave

FSX problems with FSDT products
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 04:20:49 pm »
HI

I have GSX, LA and JFK airports and recently purchased Geneva airport. all working Ok till I installed geneva, FSX started to crash and I was getting the bglmanx.dll problem.
I formated my hard drive reinstalled FSX and all FSDT softwares, I got same problems. Reinstalled Visual C++ softwares but no success.
I removed all FSDT softwares. FSX start without any problem.

Please help

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX problems with FSDT products
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 04:47:37 pm »
I have GSX, LA and JFK airports and recently purchased Geneva airport. all working Ok till I installed geneva, FSX started to crash and I was getting the bglmanx.dll problem.

You shouldn't post two identical messages on the same issue and, since your problem doesn't have anything to do with this thread (which is "Couatl not running", NOT "bglmanx.dll crashing" ), you shouldn't attach a message on an unrelated thread, because it only makes it more confusing for others to read. Of course, you have been replied to in the other thread you opened.

furger

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 07:18:43 pm »
Virtuali,

Thank you for the tip. I tried that with the C++ 2005 runtime re-installation. However I ended up in the very same situation i.e. couatl was not running. I then searched for the first mentioned error message "GetLastError=0x000002E4" in the log and found one advice you gave on that related to unsuficient access rights. This in fact helped me. I just had to assign admin rights to fsx.exe . . .

No idea why it ran months and then suddenly(?) needed specific access right? Nevertheless I am fine now. Thank's again for your support.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 09:16:54 pm »
No idea why it ran months and then suddenly(?) needed specific access right? Nevertheless I am fine now. Thank's again for your support.

It wasn't just Couatl that ran months and then stopped because of permission problems: several other modules in your log also failed with the same error code, this means that something has changed in your user account settings.