Author Topic: Please Help with Registration!!!!!  (Read 4941 times)

oskiatl

Please Help with Registration!!!!!
« on: November 03, 2012, 05:23:13 pm »
I cannot register GSX at all, I have no add on manager to register GSX with and I have read the forums tried all solutions, and no help what so ever. I have purchased GSX 3 days ago I have not used it all! >:( Please help!!!

oskiatl

Re: Please Help with Registration!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 05:51:04 pm »
This is what I get when I open the COUATL ADD ONS, Configuration settings

[ParkMe]
disable=1
[GSX]
disable=0
disable_on_airports=NONE
refueling_time_min=15.0
refueling_time_factor=0.0022
boarding_time_factor=0.2
boarding_time_min=15.0
deboarding_time_factor=0.1
deboarding_time_min=15.0
deboarding_time=0
boarding_time=0
refueling_time=0

if there is anything here that would prevent GSX or the ADD ON manager from working?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 10:05:30 pm »
if there is anything here that would prevent GSX or the ADD ON manager from working?

Surely not and, if you read all the forum about missing Addon Manager and/or Couatl menus, you would know that this file doesn't have anything to do with that problem.

As explained in all other threads about  missing Addon Manager and/or Couatl menus, they are always caused by:

1) Your antivirus mistakenly blocking them. The antivirus solution has been posted many times already of course, here's another copy of it:
- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX (using the full installer in this case) with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

2) A problem with your Visual C++ 2005 runtimes installation. The missing runtimes solution has been posted many times already of course, here's another copy of it:

- Go in the Windows control panel, and Uninstall ALL the instances of the Visual Studio 2005 redistributable runtimes. You might have more than one version: remove them all.

- Then, after removing everything related to VS2005, reinstall again these 3 files:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26347

AFTER installing all the runtimes, it could be useful running Windows Update and update everything, including the optional downloads.

3) A problem with your Simconnect install being missing/corrupted. This is not common, but it might still happen. The solutions is:

- Go into your Windows\WinSxS folder and delete the simconnect 10.0.61259.0 folder. Then REPAIR the FSX SP2 (or Acceleration, if you have that one instead) setup, this will restore a broken Simconnect

4) You have inadvertently Un-trusted us as a Publisher, so nothing signed by us will run.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

oskiatl

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 01:12:14 am »
Thanks,it was option 4 ;)! I had did the three previous already before I had posted on here. I never thought of option 4! Thanks a bunch!

al

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 07:11:19 pm »
Ok i have don every thing that is writ-in here i give up maybe some one ells can help me

because it looks like i dont get this install this and uninstall that

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 07:48:58 pm »
Ok i have don every thing that is writ-in here i give up maybe some one ells can help me . because it looks like i dont get this install this and uninstall that

It would be helpful, instead of such useless comment, to actual SAY, exactly, what your problem is. Are you having a problem with the Registration ? Because, THIS is this thread subject.

If your problem is different (difficult to say, since you don't say what your problem is), open a new thread, explain the problem, and we'll help you.