Author Topic: gsx not working 2  (Read 3254 times)

spinker

gsx not working 2
« on: September 28, 2012, 05:12:36 am »
Hello Umberto,

It seems that the original post that I made "GSX not working"  is gone.

It seems that there were 2 people seeking assistance for their GSX inabilaty to start and it was getting confusing with the answers I was getting from other parties. which I appreciate but I need to hear from you.

I would like to direct my question to you and would like to get replies from you only.

I dont know if you have read in my original thread "GSX not working" I have had a FSX crash recently, although I have been able too pretty much restore FSX I have occasional problems where files have gone astray.

First of all my FSX directory is on a SSD drive E:\ this is where I lost FSX.

My C:\ drive was not affected by the crash therefore the EXE.XML file was not affected.

GSX will still not load using CNTRL F12.

Although I "noticed today" when FSX started that a scroll accross the top of my screen is stating "regenerating airport cache with a % of completion showing", I assume this is related to GSX.

So my question to you is, since I have had a major FSX crash is it possible that I lost something that is affecting GSX even though it appears to you that GSX seems fine.

Is it time now for a re-install of GSX and if you think I should do this can you suggest what I should do.

Still need help,

Larry
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 05:14:57 am by spinker »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: gsx not working 2
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 11:44:30 am »
It seems that the original post that I made "GSX not working"  is gone.

It's surely there, your mistake is that you are now posting in the "GSX Backdoor", while that thread was in the correct "GSX Support" section so, no wonder you are not finding it here.

Although I "noticed today" when FSX started that a scroll accross the top of my screen is stating "regenerating airport cache with a % of completion showing", I assume this is related to GSX.

This indicates GSX is working and it is updating its own cache. You need to check if it finishes. That message will stay on screen just for a few seconds (not until it completes 100%) so, pressing CTRL+F12 again, will show its current process. While it's updating, you can't use GSX services and the GSX menu will not appear. After it completes the cache at 100%, GSX menu should work.

However, it's possible that for some reasons related to problems to your Windows account permissions, it might not save the updated cache so, it will still try to re-updated it on the next FSX run.

spinker

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 04:38:46 pm »

PROBLEM RESOLVED

It was the function key.

Thank you Umberto,

Larry

bobbykay

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 10:41:15 am »
please it worked  mine wont a little more info on the function key and how it fixed your problem would be s help lol

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 10:29:38 pm »
please it worked  mine wont a little more info on the function key and how it fixed your problem would be s help lol

Don't attach on threads on one problem, with an entirely different problem.