Author Topic: Everything is...gone **SOLVED**  (Read 28231 times)

808CruzControl

Re: Everything is...gone
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2012, 05:13:35 pm »
Did you try to run fsx as administrator?

cessnaman

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2012, 05:27:16 pm »
I tried running as Admin, but my computer won't let me. I don't know if I can or need to, running Windows XP. I forgot what the message said I can check again tonight.
I have computer running as owner (I think).
Any suggestion on getting Windows XP to run as Adim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2012, 06:23:01 pm »
That's why I was asking if I should install the addonmanager alone or install gsx which will also install addonmanager.

Every product that comes with the Addon Manager, installs the Addon Manager too. The only need to separately download the Addon Manager, is to update it without downloading full installer, because it will update several support files for your installed products, but this doesn't have anything to do with the VC++ problem: the only files that MIGHT do a difference, are those .DLL I've suggested to download in replacement of the ones that comes with any product that installs the Addon Manager.

Of course, you have to try the .DLL replacement AFTER everything else is installed.

Just note that, if you did that, instead of uninstalling everything, it would have save you the time you spent uninstalling because, uninstalling everything related to the Addon Manager, won't fix any VC++ runtimes problem, because nothing related to this is caused by the Addon Manager and its related files.

I know the problem is with VS++2005.

Then why you uninstalled everything related to FSDT ?

Our installer don't do anything special other the launching Microsoft installer for those runtimes at the end. Which means, if the Microsoft installer is not able to automatically fix the problem you have in the runtimes installation, our installer will not either, since it doesn't do anything different than launching the Microsoft installer, which is the same you could download on the Microsoft site (vcredist.exe)

cessnaman

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2012, 06:50:54 pm »
came home for lunch and reinstalled GSX. Tried 4055 of the dll and didn't work. I got a fatal error from FSX. 6195 dll also didn't work and also had a fatal error loading fsx.
I'm going back to work so I look into this later.

cessnaman

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2012, 12:18:09 pm »
Still not working.
With a lot of people having this same problem (read from past posts), has anyone been able to determine exactly what files in VS++2005 are missing or corrupt. I would think that the makers of this product would have found out what the files are. If we would be able to determine what files in VS++2005 bad, then we may be able to fix the problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2012, 02:20:04 pm »
With a lot of people having this same problem (read from past posts)

Only one or two, including you, still have it unsolved. Everybody else fixed it either by removing every VC++ 2005 files, repairing FSX, or reinstalling Windows. Have you tried that ?

I would think that the makers of this product would have found out what the files are. If we would be able to determine what files in VS++2005 bad, then we may be able to fix the problem.

If the solution was just "fix a missing file", it's fairly obvious we would have indicated quite clearly long ago. The issue is, is not a matter of a "missing" or "corrupted" file, that's just the short explanation because I can't type the complete explanation in a short post.

The real issue is, those libraries have a system that, if a program needs a specific version, your Windows will instead supply a newer one, if it's available, on the premise it's forward compatibile and it's "better". Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't and, if it wasn't already so complex, it's even possible to run two versions of the same library at the same time in memory, which wasn't possible with old-style .DLL (these are not plain .DLL but are Side-by-Side .DLLs a newer form) and this is also sometimes working and sometimes not. There were issues with the VC++ 2008 runtimes that created a problem if ran together with the 2005 ones, for example. Microsoft has fixed this, but you might still have this offending version installed by some other program, even not-flight sim related.

That's why I said it's usually easier to repair the FSX installation, because it's just too complex trying to diagnose what's wrong, when something doesn't work, the diagnostic tool for Side-by-side provided by Microsoft is so complex that I don't think anybody figured it out how to use it. If you add the fact these libraries comes with many additional support files AND are referenced in the registry too, you'll understand why it's not possible to give an universal "fix", but it must be dealt with case by case.

You don't have to take my word for this, see this post by Pete Dowson on Avsim:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/323009-simconnect-gone-mad/page__p__1909995#entry1909995

n my opinion the side-by-Side library system is the most diabolically convoluted system ever conceived and implemented by Microsoft and when it goes wrong it is fatal.

He's saying exactly the same thing: when something goes wrong related to WinSxS, it's almost impossible to fix it without reinstalling the whole OS. And the VC++ runtimes are of course SxS, like almost all Windows system libraries. This was a system created to fix the infamous "Dll hell", but it created an even worse one.

cessnaman

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2012, 04:26:31 pm »
removing every VC++ 2005 files, repairing FSX, or reinstalling Windows. Have you tried that

Reinstalling Windows is not a option at this time, since the issue is only with addonmanager, although some aircfaft can't be installed. Already removed VC++2005 and reinstalled. I haven't tried a FSX fix yet, but I will, although FSX is a fresh install.

There were issues with the VC++ 2008 runtimes that created a problem if ran together with the 2005 ones, for example. Microsoft has fixed this, but you might still have this offending version installed by some other program, even not-flight sim related.

I did remove and reinstalled VC++2008, so I would think that I'd have the fixed Ver.. If there were issues with VC++2008 that would conflict with VC++2005, do you think if I remove VC++2008 without reinstalling would solve any problem. I really don't know much about computer so I don't know if VC++2008 is really needed on my computer. I do have VC++2009 and VC++2010 installed on my computer.

Can I leave GSX install when doing a FSX repair or should I remove it before doing a repair?
 Thanks,
 Gabe

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 05:10:12 pm by cessnaman »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2012, 05:11:14 pm »
do you think if I remove VC++2008 without reinstalling would solve any problem. I really don't know much about computer so I don't know if VC++2008 is really needed on my computer. I do have VC++2009 and VC++2010 installed on my computer.

It has been discussed in this thread that, a possible solution is to remove ALL VC++ runtimes, then reinstall GSX which will reinstall the one it needs. However, removing all those runtimes will probably require reinstalling them too, otherwise all other products that required them wouldn't work. But it would be probably better to reinstall the 2008 and 2010 runtimes using downloads from Microsoft.

Note that, even if you are using a 64 bit OS, we are only dealing with the 32 bit version of the runtimes, because they are used to run 32 bit apps.

Can I leave GSX install when doing a FSX repair or should I remove it before doing a repair?

Repair FSX doesn't usually require reinstalling any addon. It will probably enough to repair just the FSX SP2 (or the Acceleration pack, if that is what you installed), not FSX itself.

But before trying a repeair, try first removing all runtimes, then reinstall GSX, then reinstall (after having checked if GSX worked this way) all missing runtimes using latest downloads (32 bit) from Microsoft.

If you are worried about this, I could connect to your system with Teamviewer

http://www.teamviewer.com

After you installed it, send me your user id and session password using a Private Message.

cessnaman

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2012, 05:46:16 pm »
But before trying a repeair, try first removing all runtimes, then reinstall GSX, then reinstall (after having checked if GSX worked this way) all missing runtimes using latest downloads (32 bit) from Microsoft.

Just to be clear when you say remove all runtimes... I would remove VC++2005,2008,2009,2010.
If I remove all runtimes, will I be able to get right back on internet to reinstall all runtimes without problems to computer?

I would, but I'm really not Comfortable letting someone I don't know get into my computer.
No Offence, I hope you understand.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2012, 07:07:50 pm »
Just to be clear when you say remove all runtimes... I would remove VC++2005,2008,2009,2010.

2005, 2008 and 2010. Never heard of a 2009 version.

If I remove all runtimes, will I be able to get right back on internet to reinstall all runtimes without problems to computer?

I don't think any of the browsers requires them but, just to be on the safe side, download all the runtimes before starting.

No Offence, I hope you understand.

No problem.

cessnaman

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2012, 07:43:36 pm »
Never heard of a 2009 version.

Yeah, I thought I saw something, I'll check in about 1-1/2, when I get home. I'll let you know.
I don't know what time it is where your at, so I don't know if you'll be up to reply.

Yes, I will download all needed runtimes before I uninstall.

Thanks my freind, for trying to help. I hope we can get this issue fixed. After seeing GSX, I know want to get back on FSX instead of FS9, although I do like FS9 with all the addons.

Gabe

Hey Umberto, Your'e from Italy?
Some very nice countryside. I still remember being their with the family visiting some cousins. Traveled from Rome down the coast to Sicily. Visited some family, Then up to (I think it's called Ortona) which is my Dad's home town. Of course we saw everting else in between. My wife and daughter were their last year on a school trip. Just noticed the time and it looks like your time zone.

cessnaman

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2012, 09:02:40 pm »
Sorry Umberto, my bad I must be going blind in my old age.  :o I thought there was something 2009

Anyways, here's a screen shot. So just the C++ stuff gets un-installed and reinstalled?
I don't have tor worry about the MS SQL stuff or the MS VISUAL STUDIO 2010 stuff or the MS SDK stuff, ect., right?

Thanks for being patience with me. I really have no clue what some of this stuff does.
Gabe

P.S. what happened to the org. poster. qf11bd are you out there? Were you able to fix?
If so, please let us know.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 09:07:02 pm by cessnaman »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2012, 10:14:15 pm »
Anyways, here's a screen shot. So just the C++ stuff gets un-installed and reinstalled? I don't have tor worry about the MS SQL stuff or the MS VISUAL STUDIO 2010 stuff or the MS SDK stuff, ect., right?

If you uninstall and reinstall everything, they should working again. It might be useful to run a Windows Update after that.

cessnaman

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2012, 02:39:08 am »
Ok I'm doing handstands, bouncing off the walls :D Not really.
Great news I finally got it to work.  ;D

This is what I did in case anyone else needs to try.
After looking at a post from 2009, I tried what was suggested.  With GSX installed I went into the WinSxS and deleted the simconnect 10.0.61259.0 folder and then did a reinstall of FSX SP2. By the way my folder also contains a 10.0.61637 as did the org. poster.

Now first of all when I went into the SP2 setup it gave the option to uninstall (even though I deleted the simconnect folder). after I went back into the setup for SP2 and did a install. Once the install was complete I got into FSX and addonmanager was their. I would suggest that anyone with this same issue try what I did

Exert from post:  It should be possible to repair the SP2/Acceleration Simconnect version, without reinstalling the whole FSX, by removing the 10.0.61637.0 folder located under WinSxS, and then reinstalling Acceleration I don't have Acceleration so I just reinstalled SP2.
I will work with Acceleration as it worked for the person who had it.

Thanks
Gabe
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 02:44:17 am by cessnaman »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2012, 10:05:44 am »
Exert from post:  It should be possible to repair the SP2/Acceleration Simconnect version, without reinstalling the whole FSX

That's interesting: in your case, the problem wasn't the VC++ runtimes but, instead, the only one other external dependency required by our products, which is Simconnect itself.

I haven't considered this, because this is a very rare case and, if your Simconnect was broken, any other FSX addon module would stop working. Maybe you haven't noticed it, either because you don't have any other 3rd party modules requiring Simconnect installed, or you don't have any other 3rd party module that requires the 10.0.61259.0, which is what we use (it's the latest version used by SP2 and Acceleration). A module requiring an older version (10.0.61637 in this case, which is the one that comes with FSX as shipped) wouldn't be affected by a corruption of the newest one.