Author Topic: Everything is...gone **SOLVED**  (Read 28230 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Everything is...gone
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 12:38:30 pm »
I just don't see how this can be happening out of the blue with out some sort of explanation.

It's possible a Windows update might have caused this. Or, another product using such libraries creating a problem with them, if you read all the technical explanations of how the side-by-side system works (this allows several versions of the *same* .DLL running at the same time), is so complex and cumbersome that I wonder if even Microsoft know exactly how it works or (more important) how to fix when something does wrong.

qf11bd

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 11:41:32 am »
I have installed all the latest versions of Windows Update. None between the time of FSDT working and not working.
I've never had any of these issues with any other payware developer...you make spectacular sceneries, but the technical side seems to be slightly lacking in this regard. I am still not being able to fly around the numerous sceneries I have bought, which is quite a shame since there are quite a lot of them (KLAX, KLAS, KDFW, PHNL, KORD, KFLL, KJFK).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 11:49:58 am »
I have installed all the latest versions of Windows Update. None between the time of FSDT working and not working.

You asked what might have caused the *problem*, and I've replied a Windows update could have, NOT that running "Windows Update" could FIX this, because that might have been the cause in the first place. However, that's a problem in your system only because, obviously, I have all the latest Windows Updates too, and the problem doesn't appear.

I've never had any of these issues with any other payware developer...

That's just because you don't have other installed products that requires the MS VC++ 2005 runtime version that is not working on YOUR system. The Simconnect diagnostic message is very clear about this.

you make spectacular sceneries, but the technical side seems to be slightly lacking in this regard.

They work just fine but, and what you are experiencing is entirely external to any of our products. You can't expect they would still to work, if a part of the Windows libraries are not working for some reason, and you can't expect our products installer would be able to automatically fix EVERY possible case of Windows problem, we would be in the more lucrative system-repair utilities market instead flight simming...

As I've said already, you should try an FSX SP2 Repair, that might fix the problem without having to reinstall FSX or Windows or your addons.

qf11bd

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 10:14:54 pm »
You do a search on these forums for 'addon manager' and you can find a large amount of topics with this exact problem. How can it be a particular system issue if 20+ other people have had the same issue?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 10:58:09 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 11:03:45 pm »
You do a search on these forums for 'addon manager' and you can find a large amount of topics with this exact problem. How can it be a particular system issue if 20+ other people have had the same issue

First, it's fairly obvious that, in a support forum, you would only read about problems.

And, "20+ people" it's basically nothing, compared several thousands of customers, having less than 0,2% of users with this problem, it's very well inside the statistical chance that an user might have missing/corrupted system libraries at some point.

And, of course, of those 20+ people, most of them solved by acting on their VC++ runtimes installation, and the rest fixed it either by repairing the FSX install, or reinstalled Windows.

I'll repeat it again: repairing the FSX SP2 install shouldn't be a problem and will not require reinstalling any of your addons.

qf11bd

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 11:09:08 pm »
I do apologise for my previous comment Umberto, I was just a bit annoyed after spending several hours reinstalling things. I have uninstalled all VC++ libraries and installed again. Just about to reboot and give it a go.

qf11bd

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2012, 11:13:12 pm »
No change, what's interesting though is that FS9 FSDT sceneries still work perfectly fine.
If I have a spare moment today, I will try and repair FSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2012, 11:43:57 pm »
No change, what's interesting though is that FS9 FSDT sceneries still work perfectly fine.

They require the 2003 VC++ runtimes which, not being the complexity monsters the Side-by-side .DLL system is, are *way* simpler to diagnose and fix, it's basically boils down to being sure a couple of .DLL are present. Unfortunately, developing for FSX requires the 2005 runtimes minimum, otherwise Simconnect won't work.

qf11bd

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2012, 11:32:47 am »
Hmm I'll go for a repair tomorrow. I shall report back the results

808CruzControl

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 08:35:55 am »
try running FSX as admin

cessnaman

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 12:59:26 pm »
Sorry to jump in, but I'm having the excat same problem. You say to install the 3 files, but you have 4 links. I uninstall any vs++2004 and I installed the 4 files from the 4 links provided and still nothing. I also tried both dll files and that also didn't work. I'm not a computer expert, but I did check the dll.xml and the file looked good. I also checked the trusted section of the FSX.cfg file and everything looked good. Just so you know after installing GSX for a trial look, I had no problems with the popup about these files. I just clicked ok and FSX loaded. After loading FSX no addonmanager or GSX show in the menu. I also did the simconnect.ini and I did get the message indicating what you say about c++ being corupt or missinf files. I wnated to see what would happen when I clicked on the COUAT1.exe file and I got a message that said:
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.I've tried everything you suggested from different posts that I've read and nothing works. I'm just reading this post this morning so I won't be able to try the FSX fix until I get home from work. Also so you know, I had FSX installed from a couple of years ago with Cloud9 and QW757 installed and addonon manager installed with no problems. When I installed GSX to try before I buy, that worked fine also. (At least for a while) I did start getting fatal errors when starting FSX so I uninstalled everyhing and reinstalled FSX and now I can no longer install my products that require the addonmanager. What happen to good ol days when you can install aircrafts, scenery, ect without having this addonmanager and products would work without problems. I was able to install QW757, but FSX would crash to desktop when tring to load aircraft from menu. The first message for trusting the qw757.gau file went ok, it was the second .gau that would send my FSX to desktop. I know this isn't the cause of addmanager or GSX to installing because It was not installing before I tried to reinstall the QW757. I also installed Cloud9 without no problems, I'm just not sure if it's working. I woild relly like to get the addonmanager installed and working so I can enjoy my products that require them. Right now I feel like I wasted money on these products because of they require the addonmanager to work. VS++2005 may or may not be the problem, but everything else on my computer works fine. I also had a problem installing my EJETS 175, 195, but I don't know if they require addonmanager.
One more thing. I do have different VS++ installed. VS++2008, VS++2010. After reinstalling the VS++2005 I updated windows as you suggested and it install a VS++2010 SP1 update.
I hope we get this issue resolved.
I'm running windows xp 32bit, so as far as I know I don't need to run as admin
Thanks,
Gabe  
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 01:02:56 pm by cessnaman »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2012, 01:11:43 pm »
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.

That clearly indicates the problem is caused by a problem with your VC++ 2005 runtimes redistributables, so it's nothing related to our application but, instead, it's our application which is a victim of a problem in your Windows install.

To get more proof, see here an example of an entirely unrelated program (an antivirus) which fails to start with exactly the same message:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1056722.aspx

The proposed solution is exactly the same as we suggested, which means reinstalling the VC+2005 runtimes.

The issue is, you can have many versions of the 2005 runtimes, needed by different products, and you can even different versions of other VC++ runtimes (like 2008 or 2010) and there are even known issues of possible problems of newer versions (ex. 2008) causing issues with older versions like the 2005, which is needed both by all our products AND by FSX itself.

Sometimes, these problems are very difficult to fix without a Windows reinstall.

You should also try the solution I've already posted several messages before:

Download the following file:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/4053/bglmanx.dll
and put it into the FSX root folder, overwriting the one that is already there and try if it works.

If it doesn't, try with this one instead:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/6195/bglmanx.dll

If one of these files works, then it's SURE your system had a corrupted version of the VC++ libraries, which the MS installers weren't able to fix.

cessnaman

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2012, 02:07:54 pm »
Ok Umberto, I think I tried it already, but I'll give it another try when I get home from work. Right now I removed all thta has todo with addonmanager, so I'll have to reinstall. Should I just install addonmanager alone or should I also try and install GSX, or QW757, ect.? I'm thinking just addonmanager. What do you think
If this doesn't work I really don't know how I'll be able to fix VS++2005. I'm running kaspersky antivirus and had turn off for download and install. I may have to try and contact them to see if anything with their program can be causing this problem.
I'll let you know how it goes. Just so you know, I have a lot installed on computer so a reinstall of windows is not a option right now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2012, 03:29:58 pm »
Should I just install addonmanager alone or should I also try and install GSX, or QW757, ect.? I'm thinking just addonmanager. What do you think

I'm not sure if you read anything of my previous message. Where, exactly, I said to "reinstall the Addon Mananager", let alone "reinstall any addon that use it" ?

The problem is not the Addon Manager, the problem are the VC++ 2005 runtimes, which should have been very clear from my previous message, which pointed out to the discussion of the *same* error message you are getting, but on a totally unrelated product.

The ONLY thing I've said about the Addon Manager, was to try the alternative .DLLs that requires *slightly* different versions of the VC++ 2005 runtimes, hopefully they might work better, but I haven't said anything about reinstalling it. I've only said to download those files I've linked, and replace them in the FSX root folder. Nothing more than that.

Try that first and, if it fails, THEN we might discuss about the VC++ 2005 runtimes.

cessnaman

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2012, 04:08:58 pm »
I read your messages. I don't think you understand what I said. Maybe I didn't say it right.
What I was trying to tell you is that right now I don't have anything install on fsx I don't have addonmanager, gsx, ect... I removed everything that has to do with it. That's why I was asking if I should install the addonmanager alone or install gsx which will also install addonmanager.

I know the problem is with VS++2005.