Author Topic: Everything is...gone **SOLVED**  (Read 28228 times)

qf11bd

Everything is...gone **SOLVED**
« on: October 21, 2012, 10:15:28 pm »
Hi,

I installed GSX yesterday to test it out at a few FSDT airports before I would purchase it. Nothing else was installed into FSX, just GSX. After booting up FSX and giving it a go, all was good. But after I restarted my computer and started FSX (was having performance issues), all my FSDT sceneries don't appear, and the addon manager has disappeared from the in-game FSX menu. I did try and download the standalone addon manager, but no luck. Next I repaired the FSX registry path and tried again...still no luck. I'm not sure if this is 100% GSX related, but it happened after installing GSX.

How am I able to get everything to appear in FSX again?

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:08:32 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Everything is...gone
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 10:23:14 pm »
I'm not sure if this is 100% GSX related, but it happened after installing GSX.

It's fairly sure it's NOT caused by GSX because, according to your description, it hasn't happened as soon as you installed it, because you were able to use it for a while. The problem happened only after you restarted your system.

This seems more like a problem with your MS VC++ 2005 runtimes, and they might be change between a reboot, meaning you already had a problem, but it won't manifest until you rebooted (it's very complex to explain, but is related to the fact those are Side-by-side libraries that can run together in memory, even different versions at the same time)

Try this, download the following file:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/4053/bglmanx.dll
and put it into the FSX root folder, overwriting the one that is already there and try if it works.

If it doesn't, try with this one instead:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/6195/bglmanx.dll

If one of these files works, then it's SURE your system had a corrupted version of the VC++ libraries, which the MS installers weren't able to fix.

qf11bd

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 11:14:40 pm »
Wow, what a quick response Umberto!

Thanks heaps, I will download them this afternoon and give it a go.

*EDIT* If there is a problem with the VC++ Libraries, is it an easy fix?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 11:22:09 pm by qf11bd »

qf11bd

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 06:51:39 am »
Downloaded both of those...neither work.

Any more ideas?

BTW, I have been using FSDT products for over a year now and have never had this problem when rebooting my computer, so I do believe it is something to do with GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 09:23:11 am »
Downloaded both of those...neither work.

Any more ideas?

Surely you have a problem with MS VC++ libraries.

Try this:

- Go in the Windows control panel, and Uninstall ALL the instances of the Visual Studio 2005 redistributable runtimes. You might have more than one version: remove them all.

- Then, after removing everything related to VS2005, reinstall again these 3 files:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26347

AFTER installing all the runtimes, it could be useful running Windows Update and update everything, including the optional downloads.

BTW, I have been using FSDT products for over a year now and have never had this problem when rebooting my computer, so I do believe it is something to do with GSX.

It's not possible this was caused by GSX, since GSX installs and download the SAME bglmanx.dll file that all the other products install and download, and they are taken from exactly the same URL so, it's was just a coincidence.

We have recently updated the .dll, because this FIXED a loading problem for many users that had the VC++ libraries corrupted but, if your corruption was similar but different, maybe this update has broken things for you instead. If this is the case, it would have happened the same if you simply reinstalled any scenery, so it's NOT a GSX problem.

You might try installing GSX WITHOUT NETWORK connection. You'll get a message asking to use the version of the .DLL included with the installer (proceed pressing "Next" when prompted), which I believe it's slightly older than the one online, maybe that will work on your system.

qf11bd

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 12:14:44 pm »
Umberto, I have about 10 instances of C++ in my uninstall programs directory. Some a more recent than 2005, do I remove them still?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 05:49:57 pm »
Start only with the 2005 versions first, as I've said in my previous message.

qf11bd

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 10:17:41 pm »
Thanks, am trying now.

qf11bd

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 10:35:07 pm »
Have uninstalled all C++ 2005 instances and reinstalled from the links you provided.
Still nothing has changed.

qf11bd

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 07:06:14 am »
Any ideas Umberto?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 09:54:36 am »
you can activate the Simconnect diagnostic mode to see what's wrong with your install:

Open notepad, and copy the following text:

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=normal
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, that should tell what's going wrong. Let me know what you are getting, so we can have an idea what's happening.

Only the first few lines are important: if the window scrolls too fast, you can use the "Pause" key on the keyboard to pause the scrolling. Post here only the first 10 lines or so of the diagnostic, but it's important you post the first 10 lines.

qf11bd

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 06:52:01 pm »
Code: [Select]
0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61259.0

0.83478 Exe Launch Failed:  GetLastError=0x000036B1  Path="fsdreamteam\couatl\co
uatl.exe"  CommandLine=""
0.90107 Exe Launched:  Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe"  CommandLine=
""  Version="1.1.5.0"
0.92055 DLL Failed to load. Check for missing dependencies.
0.92074 DLL Load Failed:  Error=-3  Path="bglmanx.dll"
1.01319 DLL Loaded:  Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flig
ht Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YBCS\scenery\ObjectFlow_YBCS.dll"  Version="1.0
.0.3"
1.20406 DLL Loaded:  Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flig
ht Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YMML\Scenery\ObjectFlow_YMML.dll"  Version="1.0
.0.3"
1.20775 DLL Failed to load. Check for missing dependencies.
1.20792 DLL Load Failed:  Error=-3  Path="PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll"
1.21591 DLL Loaded:  Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\SquawkBox\sbtrans10.dll"  Vers
ion="<Unknown>"
1.22132 DLL Loaded:  Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\SquawkBox\sbaicontrol10.dll"
Version="<Unknown>"
1.27093 DLL Loaded:  Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\SquawkBox\sbmod10.dll"  Versio
n="<Unknown>"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 02:47:33 am »
Your log clearly shows the problem is exactly what I've suspected: you have a problem with your MS VC++ 2005 runtime libraries, which is indicated by the following lines:

0.92055 DLL Failed to load. Check for missing dependencies.

1.20775 DLL Failed to load. Check for missing dependencies.

The missing dependencies are surely the MS VC++ 2005 runtime libraries, because our modules only depends from them and the Simconnect DLLs, but can't be a Simconnect problem, otherwise you wouldn't be able to start the diagnostic either.

I find difficult to believe that NONE of the 2 additional Addon Manager .DLL I've suggested to download worked, since each one is requiring a different version of the MS VC++ runtimes: it's very unlikely all versions are all corrupted!

In such cases, a possible solution is to REPAIR the FSX install. First try to repair the FSX SP2 (or Acceleration, if you have that one) installation. This doesn't require to reinstall any addon.

qf11bd

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 07:01:22 am »
I will try the files again now after reinstalling VC++ 2005.

I have recently gone through the pain of repairing FSX, so I won't be doing that again (when I say recently, I do mean within the last week).

qf11bd

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 11:41:47 am »
I just don't see how this can be happening out of the blue with out some sort of explanation. I've been running my PC the exact same for a long period of time with FSDT never experiencing these issues. You can be assured I will be a new customer of GSX once this problem has been fixed and retains after a simple computer shut down.