Author Topic: GSX not working?  (Read 3212 times)

Trotter

GSX not working?
« on: October 20, 2012, 02:22:16 pm »
Hello,

I have tried to read different posts but I'm not sure which one have the same problem as me. I uninstalled GSX then reinstalled it again but during the installation it said:

ERROR when creating patched vehicles_airport, restoring from backup now!

I don't know where my backup file/folder is!

Each time I chose an aircraft then back on the main page. There's a sign popped up saying:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games...

So a help would be nice...

Many thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not working?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 02:57:52 pm »
ERROR when creating patched vehicles_airport, restoring from backup now!

I don't know where my backup file/folder is!

That message doesn't mean YOU have to find your backup file. It's the INSTALLER that said it HAS restored from the backup it was made when you first installed GSX so, it's not a problem, just the default vehicles file was either missing or corrupted AFTER you installed GSX.

This doesn't have any other effect than possibly having the default pushback truck together with GSX truck.

Each time I chose an aircraft then back on the main page. There's a sign popped up saying:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games...

So a help would be nice...

This is has been discussed on several threads already and, it's either:

- A problem with your audio driver. Update your audio driver and/or switch to a different one. Try both the Windows-supplied audio driver and/or the one from your audio card or mainboard manufacturer.

- A permission problem in your Windows installation. Try to run FSX as Administrator

Trotter

Re: GSX not working?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 05:21:35 pm »
Thank you so much!

It worked! by run FSX as Administrator.