Author Topic: Installed GSX Demo, "Flight Simulator has Stopped Working"  (Read 4353 times)

Hnla

Installed GSX Demo, "Flight Simulator has Stopped Working"
« on: October 11, 2012, 03:32:29 am »
Yep. So I installed the Demo with the intention of buying it, and right after install, my fsx crashes every time at startup.

It's a MSVCR100.dll, and this happens with ALL FSDT products I try to download!!!!

Hnla

Re: Installed GSX Demo, "Flight Simulator has Stopped Working"
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 03:48:00 am »
I tried installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Sp1 update, but the package won't install!

After it says "Please wait while Windows configures MVC2005" the window disappears and nothing comes up.

Hnla

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 03:59:56 am »
Uh, I'm so sorry Virtuli.

I ran it in Computability and Administrator, and it's working.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 11:27:21 am »
I tried installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Sp1 update, but the package won't install!

This indicates you have serious problems with your Windows installation, if even the standard Microsoft installer doesn't run, you are going to have problems even no flight sim-related very soon, since the VC++ runtimes are used by lots of products and even parts of Windows itself.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 11:29:26 am »
I ran it in Computability and Administrator, and it's working.

Neither of them should be needed and, if anything, Compatibility mode creates lots of problems with disappearing objects but, if you need that one to fix your crash, it's an indication some of your system libraries are corrupted.

Turn everything off in the compatibility, and try to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager instead, which requires a slightly different version of the VC++ 2005 runtimes that, hopefully, is not corrupted in your system.