Author Topic: Cannnot change sound settings  (Read 2969 times)

Majikthise

Cannnot change sound settings
« on: October 07, 2012, 10:47:09 pm »
Hey there,

I have bought GSX for FSX yesterday an fist of all want to say: What an amazing product!!! It really turns up the immersive feeling at an airport.

However, I have encountered a weird problem. In the audio settings page, I cannot for the life of me change the device. When I installed GSX, my headset was the pre-set device for both Win7 and FSX and GSX adopted that. Now, I want to turn up the sophistication a bit and separate airplane noises and GSX to the main speakers, and voice to the headset.
But when I try to switch GSX to any other device, both the OK and Apply buttons simply do not work. All I can do is cancel, or go back to the headset - then the buttons react again.

What I have tried already:
1. Change the default audio device back to speakers (both noise & voice) in FSX
2. and also making the speakers default device in Win7
3. restarting FSX
4. restarting entire PC.

Alas, to no avail. Is there anything else I can try apart from reinstalling GSX?

Regards Majikthise

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cannnot change sound settings
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 10:54:39 pm »
It might be possible not all your audio devices supports OpenAL, which is what GSX needs, so it doesn't let you select the other ones.

Majikthise

Re: Cannnot change sound settings ** SOLVED **
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 06:56:06 pm »
Hey virtuali,

for some reason it worked without further input from me. Another system start, and the sound now comes from the speakers <shrug>

I took the liberty of updating the post title.

Regards Majikthise