Author Topic: GSX and Ultimate Traffic 2  (Read 6135 times)

Alvega

GSX and Ultimate Traffic 2
« on: October 21, 2012, 10:08:54 pm »
Hi,

I downloaded the demo version of GSX hoping to buy it after testing, but i'm having big stutters when running it with Ultimate Traffic 2 (default LIML). If i disable UT2, no stutters anymore. I think this is because both addons use Simconnect at the same time, but i hope there is something i can do to use both together.
Any help?

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and Ultimate Traffic 2
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 10:18:52 pm »
The problem is not surely caused by GSX, which is confirmed by the fact that disabling UT2 fixes it.

Simconnect is designed to accept many connections from several clients program at the same time and, GSX doesn't do many calls and, more importantly, doesn't "flood" Simconnect with requests. However, we had issues in the past with users reporting problems with UT2 and some of our sceneries, that didn't worked properly because UT2 sent too many request to Simconnect in a very short time.

However, I have UT2 installed, and never be able to see any these problems, and several of us at FSDT use UT2, and most of our customers likely do. So, it's possible it's more like a problem on your system.

Alvega

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 10:34:47 pm »
Maybe it's because i use UT2 traffic configured at 100% (both airliner and GA) with Daedalus planes also visible. Do you use yours like this also?
Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 10:43:29 pm »
I use it at 100% too. Isn't the Daedalus a generic repaint for an airline that doesn't have a proper livery ? In this case, it shouldn't make any difference: the airplane number it's always the same, so it won't change the number of Simconnect calls made.

Alvega

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 11:02:25 pm »
Strange, if i go to that airport with UT2 active and i don't enable GSX, i don't have the stutters problem. As soon as the GSX service begins it's stutters everywhere. No problems with AES, though...

Alvega

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 07:19:02 am »
Weird, look like i don't have the problem anymore. Go figure.
As the stutters seem to have gone, i bought GSX.

Thanks and regards.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 09:16:14 am »
Weird, look like i don't have the problem anymore. Go figure. As the stutters seem to have gone, i bought GSX.

That's the be expected, since the problem wasn't GSX in the first place. Stutters probably went away since you simply waited a bit.

It's very well known that UT2 takes a while to load airplanes, and while is doing that, it stutters heavily so, what happened was probably that you called GSX *while* UT2 was still loading AIs, so you were mislead thinking the problem happened when calling GSX.