Author Topic: Strange thing installing GSX  (Read 2823 times)

jaseman007

Strange thing installing GSX
« on: October 10, 2012, 02:08:13 am »
Just wanted to note that I had issues yesterday installing GSX (and other FSDT software).

On install the installer accessed the internet and downloaded files that seem to be required.

Once done and I rebooted, I started FSX and it kept crashing at the Splash Screen without any errors being shown.

I couldnt work it out so I unistalled, re-installed (without an internet connection) where it asked me to use generic files???

I did this and now everything works fine?????

Any thoughts on what's gone on here?

Jas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Strange thing installing GSX
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 10:50:23 am »
We had an update yesterday that fixed this problem for several users, which couldn't use the previous version, probably because they had missing/corrupted VC++ runtimes, see the thread here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7414.15

You are saying the opposite, and the old version runs normally but the updated one which is online now doesn't so, either you ran the installer before we updated it OR you have *another* version of the VC++ libraries which is missing/corrupted, so the old version was better in your case.

Try to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager after GSX, because that one will install a slightly different version of the program which requires a different version of the VC++ runtimes, which hopefully is not corrupted/missing in your system.