Author Topic: GSX MAKES MY SIMULATOR CRASHES  (Read 4886 times)

mikybona

GSX MAKES MY SIMULATOR CRASHES
« on: October 06, 2012, 10:39:50 am »
Hi to all!
I have a problem with GSX. When I install it, it makes my simulator crashes!!!
I've unistalled it now because of the crashes!

Can anyone help me?

Michele

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX MAKES MY SIMULATOR CRASHES
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 01:22:44 pm »
I have a problem with GSX. When I install it, it makes my simulator crashes!!!

No, it doesn't.

I've unistalled it now because of the crashes!

The crash wasn't caused by GSX, you can have proof of this, using the Windows Event Viewer, which can be accessed from the Control Panel, under the "Admin Tools" section.

After you open the Event Viewer, looks for the Applications logs, and check under the Errors, the ones related to FSX. Clicking on that event, will allow you to see what really crashed.

If it's the G3D.DLL crash, it's very well known problem in FSX and it's not caused by GSX, and can be usually fixed by installing the latest FSUIPC.

mikybona

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 08:48:55 pm »
Yeah ok.
I'm gonna check. But listen up.. if I use my simulator normally work, but when I install GSX it stop working, I'm gonna think that GSX is the problem.

I'm gonna check what you said.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 10:12:30 pm »
...but when I install GSX it stop working, I'm gonna think that GSX is the problem.

If GSX was the problem, everybody would have crashing simulators, and not just you.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 12:34:09 am »
But listen up.. if I use my simulator normally work, but when I install GSX it stop working, I'm gonna think that GSX is the problem.

Most likely not, which will be probably proved after you made the check I've suggested.

If it's the g3d.dll crash, you are mislead thinking it's a GSX problem because you haven't seen it so far, but this only means you haven't installed (so far) other products that fully use FSX graphic features in 3d objects, GSX does, but that's doesn't mean it has a "problem", it simply exposed a problem that would have surfaced sooner or later anyway. The g3d.dll crash it's probably the most common crash in FSX, you have been just lucky so far if you haven't seen yet before.

Of course, assuming your crash IS the g3d.dll but, as I've said, it's so common that's the most likely cause.

Bpa

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 08:45:20 pm »
smaller pic

C130

• "With your eyes turned skywards...."
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 10:49:45 pm »
Assuming Windows 7 is your operating system:-

If you go to Start, Control Panel, Systems and Security, Admin Tools, View Event Logs, Application Logs, Windows Logs, Application, select "filter current log" select "error", select "critical"+ "warning" +"error" , then Windows will filter and list all the errors you system has produced.

Most recent are on top.

Scroll down until you see any FSX errors or errors/warnings that pertain to your issue.

Only by using these tools will you find out what is causing your FSX "application" to error and assist programmers to determine what the issue may be.

Regards.
"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".