Author Topic: LSZH Aerosoft GSX no services  (Read 5812 times)

C130

• "With your eyes turned skywards...."
LSZH Aerosoft GSX no services
« on: October 06, 2012, 01:20:05 am »
I have LSZH (Zurich) by Aerosoft. I noticed certain Ramp positions are being called "parking 1-5" by GSX and therefore incorrect.

For example if I position the aircraft (IFly737) at C55, or C57, C59, C60, GSX says I am at "parking" and no services can be called?

These positions are large Ramps, not parking areas. Its like GSX is not recognising them?

If I use the Gates, eg B39 I get all the GSX services, however the Jetways will not move. I end up using the GSX Airstairs, which looks wrong at a Gate with two Jetways?  The Jetways work with AES activated but not with it de activated and just using GSX?

I have no FSDT airports as yet, does GSX only fully recognise all the Ramps with your LSZH?

Totally puzzled? :(

Regards.
"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LSZH Aerosoft GSX no services
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 10:11:22 am »
I have LSZH (Zurich) by Aerosoft. I noticed certain Ramp positions are being called "parking 1-5" by GSX and therefore incorrect.

GSX takes the parking names as they are in the scenery used.

For example if I position the aircraft (IFly737) at C55, or C57, C59, C60, GSX says I am at "parking" and no services can be called?

The ability to call services doesn't have anything to do with the parking classification so the reason why services can't be called must be something else. You should first check if the correct AFCAD has been loaded, by selecting the "Customize parking position" option and check the AFCAD in use.

If I use the Gates, eg B39 I get all the GSX services, however the Jetways will not move. I end up using the GSX Airstairs, which looks wrong at a Gate with two Jetways?  The Jetways work with AES activated but not with it de activated and just using GSX?

This has been discussed too many times already on the forum, and of course it's clearly indicated on the manual too.

Everything related to jetways operation is entirely unrelated to GSX, the ONLY thing that GSX does, is checking if your parking has a jetway or not, so it will display front stairs (or not) and will remind you (or not) to operate it.

So, if the scenery you use is a proper FSX scenery with animated jetways (like all FSDT, latest Flightbeam and UK2000, for example), they'll continue to operate as they did before. But if the scenery you used a fixed/static/fake jetways, GSX won't do anything to animate them.

Don't expect Aerosoft to provide standard FSX jetway animation any time soon, also because making static/fake jetways it's an easy way to increase fps, so you might understand better how deeply optimized our sceneries are.

I have no FSDT airports as yet, does GSX only fully recognise all the Ramps with your LSZH?

GSX recognizes every parking at every airport, the only difference with FSDT airports (or any other airport that has a customization file provided with GSX) is that we can group them with better names in the GSX menu, so they would not have to be constrained by the FSX naming limitations that, for example, do not allow to name a gate such as "Terminal 5 Gate B33", but we can with GSX. But that's just to get easier to understand naming, it won't affect GSX operations in any way.

Totally puzzled? :(

Regards.
[/quote]

C130

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 08:49:28 pm »
Thanks Virtuali.

Don't expect Aerosoft to provide standard FSX jetway animation any time soon, also because making static/fake jetways it's an easy way to increase fps, so you might understand better how deeply optimized our sceneries are.

The Aerosoft jetways are animated when I use their A.E.S. ground vehicles product. They are not animated when GSX is used.
So I deduce from this that the LSZH from Aerosoft is indeed using FSX non standard Jetways? Its like the Jetway needs AES to operate correctly. :(   I guess either a GSX customisation file is needed in order to use all the positions at LSZH or I need to use your FSDT Airports?

I am away from my flight sim PC at the moment, I will check what AFCAD GSX is using at LSZH when I get home!  Its obviously not detecting the correct AFCAD. GSX says the positions C55-57, 59 and 60 are "parking 1-5"?

Thanks for the help, I will try to sort it out. Unfortunately I have 4 Aerosoft airports Corfu, Madiera, Vienna and Zurich :'( I hope I can get them to work correctly with GSX, I am not up to speed with dealing with AFCAD files!

Regards.

"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 10:09:26 pm »
A GSX customization won't make the jetways move.  You'll need to activate it in AES, or leave them static.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 10:53:25 pm »
So I deduce from this that the LSZH from Aerosoft is indeed using FSX non standard Jetways?

Not, it doesn't have ANY animated jetways, standard or no. It's AES, which is a separate purchase (you need to spend credits for it) that ADDS animated jetways. because the scenery as sold, doesn't have them.

Its like the Jetway needs AES to operate correctly

Exactly. The animated jetways are supplied with AES only. All our default FSX sceneries, all FSDT sceneries, plus UK2000 and Flightbeam's sceneries, have animated jetways by default WITHOUT having to purchase anything extra.

GSX doesn't change how jetways are made (or not) in a scenery. If the scenery has static jetways, GSX won't change this. And if it already came with standard FSX animated jetways, it wouldn't require using GSX for *that* feature. Basically, GSX doesn't handle jetways.

I guess either a GSX customisation file is needed in order to use all the positions at LSZH or I need to use your FSDT Airports?

With a GSX customization file, you will only tell if a parking spot in a scenery HAS a jetway (static, fake or animated using non-standard ways), so GSX won't try to place front stairs on it. If the scenery use standard FSX jetways, there's no need to customize it, because GSX will recognize automatically if there's a jetway or not but, if the scenery has fake/static/non-standard jetways, there's no way for GSX to tell, hence the need for a customization file.

C130

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 10:30:58 am »
Hi Virtuali,  thank you for the information. That explains it well. I saw GSX rebuild its scenery cach when I disabled LSZH with the AES product. After disabling AES the jetway was "frozen". 

When I get back to my flight sim PC on Tuesday I will have another look. Perhaps if both AES and GSX are operating then I could continue to use the Aerosoft airports?

Looks like I will be after buying some of your excellent looking airports now ;) 

Thanks again,

Regards.