Author Topic: PMDG MD-11 Cargo Doors not aligned?  (Read 3078 times)

C130

• "With your eyes turned skywards...."
PMDG MD-11 Cargo Doors not aligned?
« on: October 05, 2012, 05:48:23 pm »
Hi all,

I am trying to edit GSX to fit the PMDG MD-11F. Thats the cargo version.

The aircraft has three cargo doors. Two on the right and one large (main) cargo door on the left. The main door on the left is not allocated to GSX as a viable position. Yet the door opens as "Cargo".

With the GSX 3d "Editor" it should be easy to edit the positions ...However every time I select the "Edit in 3d screen" option, the aircraft flies off in Slew mode at high speed.  ::) This feature does not work for me on my system, is there a workaround?

The GSX cargo loaders look very good, its a pity I can not get one to the left side where the main cargo door is.

Regards.

EDIT  I just realised that you must have FSX in Paused mode before using the 3d editor! Silly me ::)

The only question left is how to assign a Cargo Loader (the FMC Commander used in GSX is what I need) to the big cargo door on the left side of the aircraft? At present its named as passenger door?

Can it be done by a GSX cfg file? (Which I have no idea how to do yet) Or is there an upcomming update?

I have successfully attached an airstair to the cargo door, but that is not accurate! ???

Cheers

« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 07:45:49 pm by C130 »
"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG MD-11 Cargo Doors not aligned?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 08:14:54 pm »
With the GSX 3d "Editor" it should be easy to edit the positions ...However every time I select the "Edit in 3d screen" option, the aircraft flies off in Slew mode at high speed.  ::) This feature does not work for me on my system, is there a workaround?

As already discussed on the forum, it's not a GSX problem, but it's your joystick that is not calibrated. Either turn off the Joystick before editing (CTRL+K) or remove all joystick axes assignments from Slew mode.

EDIT  I just realised that you must have FSX in Paused mode before using the 3d editor! Silly me ::)

There's no need to, if the joystick null zone is set correctly or if you disable it in Slew mode.

The only question left is how to assign a Cargo Loader (the FMC Commander used in GSX is what I need) to the big cargo door on the left side of the aircraft? At present its named as passenger door?

GSX doesn't support loading cargo from the left side right now, we'll likely add it in the future, but can't say right know when.