Author Topic: DIY HUD  (Read 16548 times)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: DIY HUD
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2013, 11:04:38 pm »
Goonie...

Thanks, Sludge!
Silly how happy I was to get these three LEDs to light up and replicate the AoA indexer. I've flown it several times now, night traps are the best, having the AoA indexer light up really helps with the scan (meatball, lineup, AoA), and I have to peak around the HUD bracket IC to watch the ball, fun stuff.
Is it just me or do you tinker with FSX (coding, building, testing) just as much if not more than actually fly the sim? Funny how that is.
-GOONIE

Yeah, I bet. Its funny how the best stuff in the FSX world can be the smallest, yet make all the difference in the overall experience.

Yes, 100% true. I tinker FAR MORE than I actually get out and fly. When I first started I'd FLY a whole helluva lot more than tinker/mod, but now all I usually do is mod. Thats why I was soo happy when Jimi came on-line with his FSXBA Hornet, so I could actually try to get back in the seat again. Hell, I used to even do quick hops to JRB Fort Worth from Tinker, in driving winter weather, IFR, using ATC vectors. Was one of the really fun HOPs I used to do almost daily. Once I figure out the installer and get TC1 released, I'll probly try to increase my FUN HOPs, so that I get more enjoyment out of FSX.

Later
Sludge