Author Topic: GSX not working **SOLVED**  (Read 17949 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not working
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2012, 01:13:53 am »
As I've said in my previous message, it seems GSX is not installed, that's why I've asked you to try installing using the full installer again.

If reinstalling it doesn't fix it, there's no other choice than enabling logging, as I've explained in my last message. The FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder is a folder named fsdreamteam\Couatl under your FSX folder, which is usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default location.

Reinstalling doesn't have anything to do with registration/activation, the only way to lose it and have to insert your Serial Number again, is only if you reinstall Windows from scratch, or change a major hardware component.

808CruzControl

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2012, 03:56:34 am »
Its in your main fsx folder

Start
My computer
C drive (or whatever drive you installed fsx on)
Either in program files or program files x86 (most like program files
Microsoft Games
Microsoft flight sim x
Fsdreamteam
Then if i remember correctly couatl folder
Then gsx.

If not, something like that.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 06:18:06 am by 808CruzControl »

808CruzControl

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2012, 06:41:28 am »
I dont want to butt in nor do i want to create another thread because it seems he is having the same issue as i am according to what he is saying. but i did that and I came up with

couatl v2.0 (build 2315)
log started on Mon Oct 01 18:37:18 2012

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to FSX
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.
connected to bglmanx
Loading addons
requesting AddOn list to bglmanx

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2012, 11:24:32 am »
t seems he is having the same issue as i

No, according to your previous message, you were getting a crash and no Couatl menu, he's having both menus so no, your problem seems different, unless your situation changed from your previous message.

Are you getting a crash or error message ? Do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" menus under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

808CruzControl

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2012, 06:12:19 pm »
Oh. As far as for the couatl menu under the addons tab, i dont have it but i do have the the addon manager thats reads GSX is Active but not installed (like the other fsdt products). The thing is i installsd GSX and made sure that the folder was in the fsdreamteam folder under the main fsx folder.

Edit: The Dispatcher has the exact problem as I do so im going to hop to that thread.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 06:18:49 pm by 808CruzControl »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 06:27:52 pm »
Edit: The Dispatcher has the exact problem as I do so im going to hop to that thread.

No, he hasn't. His GSX is loading all the list of sceneries, then found a problem with the cache, yours looks like it's not even talking with the Addon Manager about what addons you have.

So no, your problem is entirely unique, and it's possible you have a Windows installation problem, because such issue shouldn't simply happen.

Try to create a new user account in Windows and install and run GSX from that one.

bensmini

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2012, 03:41:58 am »
Well folks I'm back, I uninstalled GSX and reinstalled the program.  Addon mgr. said it was active but didn't say it was "installed like it does with my fsdt airports.  It did respond to its Ctrl+F12 key up, however there are problems;
1. The baggage conveyor equipped trucks with handler do not show up, however the carts with luggage do and go thru their routine.
2. The Stairs approach the plane but don't get there by 6 feet.
3. The Catering Service will no longer be offered "to this aircraft" when catering is selected.
4. There is still no audio.  The settings for GSX say the audio is fine and is operational.

So I would have to say this has not been a total success.  Any suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2012, 11:08:14 am »
Well folks I'm back, I uninstalled GSX and reinstalled the program.  Addon mgr. said it was active but didn't say it was "installed like it does with my fsdt airports.

This has been already explained on the forum: "Installed" here relates only to sceneries, and means "Installed in the Scenery Library" so, it's not a problem GSX reported as "Not installed", since it's not a scenery that requires to be present in the Scenery Library.

It did respond to its Ctrl+F12 key up, however there are problems;

All your reported problems are due to the fact you have reinstalled an old version, instead of the most current version. Download and install the current full installer for GSX or, at least, the Vehicles update:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5857.0

4. There is still no audio.  The settings for GSX say the audio is fine and is operational.

GSX can only check if the audio device SAYS it support OpenAL. They can't verify it what the audio device says is wrong/bugged and the support is not really working, if there are problems with your audio drivers (problems with OpenAL, not problems in general, which means only games using OpenAL might be affected), GSX can't fix them by itself.

bensmini

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 02:20:39 am »
Umberto,
You keep saying load the latest version of GSX, and what i've downloaded is what shows on the fsdt product page for GSX.  Is there something more up to date than that?  If so how do you get to it.  You referenced a version 1.3 in the  forum site you directed me to above, is that it?  When I download from the GSX button in Products there is no mention of version in what shows in the download window

Please advise,
Ben

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2012, 11:02:57 am »
You keep saying load the latest version of GSX, and what i've downloaded is what shows on the fsdt product page for GSX.  Is there something more up to date than that? 

Of course not, the version on the web site it's always the most current.

You referenced a version 1.3 in the  forum site you directed me to above, is that it?

The one I've directed to it's NOT the GSX full version, is the Vehicles update, and only the forum title says "1.3", but even that installer is always updated so, the actual installer you will download is newer than the forum title. The version is shown when the installation starts.

There's no difference installing the full GSX or just the vehicles updates, just a smaller download size but, since your remaining problem is that GSX is WORKING, but some vehicles don't appear, and this can only be caused by the fact you have installed an old version of GSX and your vehicles are not updated.

bensmini

Re: GSX not working **SOLVED**
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2012, 01:04:14 am »
Someone marked this as "solved" which  is a bit premature.  Yes I have GSX back again but thre are a couple of hitches.  I have seen a return of the baggage handler trucks and catering service for all my planes except the QW757-200, the QW757- 300 has everything, very strange.  The problem was I was using the 200 as  background for all my comments, had I thought to try other planes I would probably said to heck with it, although I have to admit I am totally puzzeled by the 757-200.  The audio is still missing, but I can live without it.

So go ahead and call it solved.

Ben

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2012, 04:38:45 am »
Someone marked this as "solved" which  is a bit premature.

The problem IS solved if, with "problem" you mean "GSX not working", which was the thread subject"

I have seen a return of the baggage handler trucks and catering service for all my planes except the QW757-200, the QW757- 300 has everything, very strange. 

Perhaps you customized it or have a GSX.CFG with wrong values, perhaps created with a previous version. Try to Reset all customizations with the airplane config editor, so the GSX internal data will take precedence. There's no need to customize an already supported airplane, like the QW757-200

bensmini

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2014, 06:15:51 am »
Well I closed this discussion by saying I could live without the sound, well I was wrong.  You once said maybe my drivers were out of date, well I have now made sure all my drivers are up to date.  Still NO sound.  So what next?

Ben Metcalfe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2014, 09:47:44 am »
You once said maybe my drivers were out of date, well I have now made sure all my drivers are up to date.  Still NO sound.  So what next?

If your sound drivers don't support OpenAL properly, even if they are new, this won't change anything. That's why I said that, sometimes, it's possible you might obtain better results with the default audio drivers that comes with Windows, instead of using the one provided by the manufacturer. Sometimes it's the opposite, and it's best to use the manufacturer drivers.

What the GSX audio page is saying ?