Author Topic: eSellerate ERROR - 25007 Machine Mismatch  (Read 3890 times)

jfail

eSellerate ERROR - 25007 Machine Mismatch
« on: October 03, 2012, 03:02:46 pm »
I have (and have had for some time), KORD, KLAX (v2), KPHX, KJFK and PHNL running on P3D for some time.  I have made no changes of any kind on the computer in months.  I run P3D almost daily with no difficulty with the above airports.

This morning (October 3rd), on starting P3D I got "eSellerate ERROR - 25007 Machine Mismatch" for all of the above airports.  I proceeded to reactivate them and all seems normal with the airports.

Just to make sure, I downloaded the latest setup manager and ran it but it did not download any new files/updates.

I am just wondering why I got the error message several times at all when I have made NO changes of any kind on the computer.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 03:11:11 pm by jfail »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: eSellerate ERROR - 25007 Machine Mismatch
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 03:12:45 pm »
That's not really an error message, it's just an information that something has changed in your hardware. Now, whether YOU manually changed hardware, or some of your drivers has a bug and decided to report to Windows an hardware change, which in turns reports to Esellerate the hardware change, which in turns reports to the Addon Manager the same, doesn't change much, it's still seen as an hardware change.

We don't do any hardware detection ourselves, we rely on Esellerate, which in turns relies on your Windows drivers at the lowest level. It's possible that something related to overclocking might cause this, but it only happens in very rare circumstances with specific combinations of driver/mainboard/cpu and overclocking methods.

However, as was discussed already in the forum:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6946.0
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6541.0

this is not really a problem, you will simply have to confirm the activation because, even if you got that message, it might still not count as a MAJOR hardware change, consuming one of your activations.

jfail

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 03:25:13 pm »
Thanks Umberto.  Everything seems to be fine, I was just surprised to see the message pop up.

I do plan to change my Drive C from a mechanical drive to a SSD this weekend.  I will be restoring from an image of the current drive C created by Acronis True Image from a backup drive to the new SSD.  Am I going to have trouble with the FSDreamteam files?  I have done that restore technique on a couple of computers in the past with no difficulty at all but they of course did not have P3D, FSDreamTeam Airports etc. on them.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 03:59:13 pm »
You just have to try but, the only "problem" you'll eventually have, is that you will simply have to confirm the activation for each product.