Author Topic: Problem with Reinstall Scenerys after change my Pc  (Read 4525 times)

CARLOS RODRIGUEZ G

Problem with Reinstall Scenerys after change my Pc
« on: September 21, 2012, 08:30:09 pm »
Hello, i am new in the forum, and in the past i used many sceneries like FSCLOUD9 and FSDREANTEAM. I change mi PC in the last month to a new one, the sceneries was installed with a Pc with Windows XP SP3. The sceneries work fine; but now with a new PC with Windows 7 64 Bits, only i could install the Scenery of Lax by Fscloud with and order number and email. The other Scenery of Amsterdam i coudn`t install because give and error after phase 4 with the verification of order.
The others Scenerys of CHICAGO OHARE, HONOLULU, DALLAS FORT WORTH, ZURICH AND JFK NEW YORK, when i click the mouse over de icon not working and don`t give a oportunity to install. Iven, the STAN ALONE MANAGER not working too.
All this Scenerys that i mentioned are of FS9, and i have not idea what is the problem, I have the page of orders printed with number, date of purchase and serials.
Please y regards if you help me with this problem.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:32:07 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with Reinstall Scenerys after change my Pc
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 09:37:58 pm »
Scenery of Lax by Fscloud with and order number and email.

That's NOT the normal or suggested way to reinstall our sceneries. This, called the "Server-assisted Reinstall", should be used only if you lost your Serial Number, and it's available ONLY for orders made inside Flight sim, not on the Web page. You probably ordered some products on the Web page, which is why the Server-assisted Reinstall is not available for such orders.

The normal and suggested way to reinstall (other than the use of the .REG file, which is of course the easiest one, but people always forget to save it from a PC to another or when formatting the system), is to use the "Register Serial", which asks ONLY for your SERIAL NUMBER, not Order Number+Email.

This is the preferred way to reinstall and can be used both for purchases made inside Flight sim and for purchases on the web page.

Of course, all of this is explained in our installation guide (fsdt_install_guide.pdf in the fsdreamteam folder under the Flight sim folder) and was also explained in the following sticky thread in this very section, aptly named "Reinstallation after system upgrade or crash, please READ!"

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=649.0

CARLOS RODRIGUEZ G

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 04:28:12 am »
Hello Umberto, the problem that i have and don´t understand is, that when i make double click over the icon of scenerys, any icon, the computer not respond me, don´t do it anything, i can not install any scenery, only i coul install inside de fs9 the scenery of fscloud9 of LAX in the option of reinstall and work good. The others scenerys don´t function, i desactivated my antivirus, and nothing happen. I have as tell you in the other topic al the copys of receipt of INVOICE ORDER with serial number name and serial number of the order. I don´t know what is happen, in windows xp sp3 works fineÑ now in windows 7 i have this problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 10:17:07 am »
the problem that i have and don´t understand is, that when i make double click over the icon of scenerys, any icon, the computer not respond me, don´t do it anything, i can not install any scenery

So, your problem doesn't have anything to do with the registration. You can't start the installer.

It's not sure you can't start it, it takes a while for the installer to uncompress and if you have an antivirus installed, it takes even longer, because the antivirus will have to check it. If, while waiting, you double clicked again, you started another copy of the installer, which means the whole process will take even longer, up to the point your system will be stuck and the only way to solve this would be restarting Windows.

So, before being sure you really can't start the installer, RESTART Windows, double click on the installer ONCE (never, ever, repeat a double-click if you already did one) and WAIT, even a couple of minutes. Best if you do this with the antivirus disabled.

CARLOS RODRIGUEZ G

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 04:49:45 pm »
HELLO UMBERTO AGAIN, I DO IT WHAT YOU TELL ME, WAITING A COUPLE OF MINUTES WITH DOBLE CLICK OVER DE ICON AND THE INSTALLER DON'T RUN, NOTHIN HAPPENS. Y WANT TO TELL YOU THAT THE VERSION OF FSX RUNS PERFECTLY, ITS REALLY WEAR, I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENS, AL RUNS GOOD IN WINDOWS XP SP3. THANKS FOR YOUR PACIENT.REGARDS.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 08:06:23 pm »
First, you shouldn't write your message in all upper case, because this is usually considered to be rude (it's the same as shouting)...

I'm sorry, but there's no reasons the installer wouldn't start, unless something VERY wrong is happening in your Windows installation. Try to create a new user account, and install under that one.