Author Topic: No AFCAD file found  (Read 4073 times)

Potboyz

No AFCAD file found
« on: September 16, 2012, 11:17:21 pm »
Hi
I have just installed GSX on my second computed but when I press ctrl+F12 It comes up with 'no AFCAD has been found'.
Any response will be appreciated.
Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No AFCAD file found
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 11:58:27 pm »
Does it happen with *every* airport, or you tested only one (if yes, which one) ?

Potboyz

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 06:39:44 pm »
Okay I found the problem I wasn't running FSX as administrator and it works but when I put it on capability mode to stop Fatal errors the BGLMANX message comes up and I click yes and it crashes fsx. I would like to know if it is possible to stop this or just report it for a future update. :)
Regards
Steven

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 07:27:28 pm »
You mean "compatibility mode" ? That must be off, because it *causes* crashes with the Addon Manager, not prevent it...

Potboyz

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 08:31:46 pm »
Okay thank you :)  Would it be possible for this to be fixed as it conflicts with the fatal error fix. Therefore making a fatal error more likely to occur.
Regards
Steven

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 10:07:22 pm »
Would it be possible for this to be fixed as it conflicts with the fatal error fix. Therefore making a fatal error more likely to occur.

Sorry, but I'm not sure I understand you: the fatal errors are BECAUSE you use the Compatibility mode, as well the problem with the missing scenery.

NOTHING should be checked in the "Compatibility" page of the FSX.EXE Properties, except for the Administrator mode, which doesn't hurt.

Potboyz

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 09:37:18 pm »
I know that compatibility mode causes fatal errors when using GsX but without GsX compatibility mode reduces fatal errors within fsx it is used as a fix but without it fixes GsX fatal errors as you said but it increases the risk of a fatal error within flight.
Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 10:41:43 pm »
without GsX compatibility mode reduces fatal errors within fsx

No, it doesn't do that, at all. If you want to get rid of lots of fatal crashes in FSX, install the most current version of FSUIPC, which fixes some of the g3d.dll crashes, which is one of the most common cause of CTD in FSX.