Author Topic: Only Parts of Buildings are Displayed  (Read 4162 times)

swajc

Only Parts of Buildings are Displayed
« on: September 12, 2012, 05:21:54 am »
Hello,

Whenever I land a LAX only parts of buildings are displayed.  If I boot up from LAX, everything is fine.  This only appears to be an issue when flying into LAX.  Any suggestions/help?

Thanks,
James

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Only Parts of Buildings are Displayed
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 11:06:05 am »
Not a problem of the scenery but, most likely, video memory corruption that happens only after a flight, likely caused by a bugged video drivers, an outdated video driver, a tweak in the video drivers which shouldn't have been applied and a tweak in the FSX.CFG that shouldn't have been applied too or it's missing. Or, even a combination of all these issues.

- First try to reset your video driver settings to default. Be sure you don't use "Transparency Antialiasing" (or "Adaptive Anti-aliasing" ), as explained on the scenery manual.

- If that doesn't work, try to update your video driver too.

- If that doesn't work, try to reset your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, to have FSX rebuild a new one with default settings, be sure you have the "Advanced Animation" option enabled.

- Be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak to the FSX.CFG, you can enabled it with the Addon Manager too.

swajc

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 04:10:08 am »
Thank you Umberto for the support.

- First try to reset your video driver settings to default. Be sure you don't use "Transparency Antialiasing" (or "Adaptive Anti-aliasing" ), as explained on the scenery manual.

Below are my NVIDIA Driver settings:

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n570/jc4276/NVIDIAInspector.png

Do you see anything in here that may be causing problems with the scenery?

- If that doesn't work, try to update your video driver too.

My video card has the latest video driver

If that doesn't work, try to reset your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, to have FSX rebuild a new one with default settings, be sure you have the "Advanced Animation" option enabled.

I have never tweaked the fsx.cfg file except for the HIGHMEMFIX=1 tweak.  I will try this as a last resort.  Advanced Animations are enabled.

- Be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak to the FSX.CFG, you can enabled it with the Addon Manager too.

Again, I appreaciate your help and support
James
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 09:08:18 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 09:08:26 am »
Below are my NVIDIA Driver settings.  Do you see anything in here that may be causing problems with the scenery?

Perhaps the "Transparency Supersampling 2x", try to turn it off.

My video card has the latest video driver

Upgrading doesn't always mean installing the very latest version. Sometimes an older version might work better with old programs like FSX. If you look all the video card forum, there are plenty of discussions about which driver release works better with a specific card with specific games.

swajc

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 03:56:24 am »
Perhaps the "Transparency Supersampling 2x", try to turn it off.

This worked.  Thank you for the quick and excellent support.

James