Author Topic: FSX Freezes when the localiser is captured  (Read 7497 times)

Hodge001

FSX Freezes when the localiser is captured
« on: June 14, 2008, 04:51:26 pm »
Hi

After a hard drive crash, I have now re-installed FSX+SP2 (not acceleration) onto a new drive, the problem I’m having is that when on approach to any of the ILS runways for Zurich, as soon as the localiser is captured or shortly thereafter the system hangs, on the times that I have managed to access the error dialog box it states an AppStamp 46fadb14 error.

I have previously had no problems at all with, either, Zurich, O’Hare or even Greystone.

I removed all FSDT sceneries, and re-flew the flight plan from EDDF to LSZH using my weapon of choice the Level-D 767 and have had no problems with the default LSZH, so I re-installed the FSDT Zurich after removing any reference to it from both the FSX directory and the Dll.xml file, and the problem with the sim locking up when the localiser is captured returned.

I will keep trying to find a solution from my end but I would appreciate any assistance, and I hope that a solution can be found, as I really miss these airports.

System Specs

AMD 64 4200+ dual core 2.21 GHz
2Gb dual channel memory
NVIDIA 8500GT 512 MB
Windows XP+SP3

FSX+SP2
Ultimate Terrain Europe, USA and Canada
FSGenesis V2 (does not yet include Europe)
Most of the Aerosoft German sceneries
ActiveSkyX and ActiveGraphicsX (not used during this test)
Various other Payware airports (mainly USA)

Jim H

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX Freezes when the localiser is captured
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 06:08:31 pm »
You should trying these two:

- Using a default airplane at Zurich

- Using LD767 at O'Hare (I tried this, and it works beautifully, perfect auto-land...)

Hodge001

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 08:57:39 pm »
Hi Umberto

Thank you for the reply.

After removing UT Europe (just in case) I used the default King Air for a flight from LSGG to LSZH, at 9Miles out on an ILS approach to Rwy34 the sim locked up with the same error.

I had also retried the EDDF to LSZH flight with UT Europe uninstalled and a fresh installation of the Level-D 767, with the same results.

What has got me is that like most people, having had FSX crash out with various problems from display drivers and FSX.cfg settings, is that this is the first time I have come across this particular error, and I can’t for the life of me figure out what part of the system it refers to.

The only thing that has changed on my system since everything was working is that I have a fresh installation of FSX on a new hard drive, with as far as I can tell all my previous add-on aircraft, scenery, weather programs and flight planning software is functioning correctly.

I have to admit that although all your sceneries are incredible, if it comes to a choice between the Level-D and Zurich, I’m afraid Zurich will have to go (by the way I’m not asking for a refund).

I haven’t tried KORD with the 767 yet, as I have a habit of not being able to move on without fixing a problem.

If anybodies got any suggestions, I’m willing to try anything.

Jim H

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 01:20:14 am »
Just to be sure, since I really can't think of any interaction between the ILS and the scenery (certainly not to a point were the ILS might crash the sim), since, from your description, it seems as if the ILS triggered the problem, does it happen even if not tuning the ILS and not using the a/p to intercept it ? So, it's just a matter of getting into the airport range, or it's the use of the ILS that makes the sim crash ?

However, it would be useful to know if it works at O'Hare. I've asked you to try O'Hare for a very precise reason: if entering in the range of *any* of our products makes the sim crash, it's one way to diagnose the issue. If it only happens at Zurich, it's an entirely different one...

Hodge001

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 02:52:21 am »
Hi Umberto

Firstly my apologies for not flying the KORD flight.

As a result of frustration, I have just re-installed a clean version of FSX and I’m just in the process of putting back all my add-on’s the first of which was LSZH, after installing I re flew the EDDF to LSZH flight with absolutely no problems, I honestly don’t believe that any of your products are the problem, as I said I had absolutely no problem with them before replacing the drive.

During my attempts to find out what the error referred to, I did come across a site the did indeed name this particular error, but as it was a support site based in Poland, I had very little idea what they were going on about (embarrassing seeing as my late grandfather was from Poland), but from the parts that I could understand they seemed to be referring to UTX as possibly being involved somehow, hence the re-install.

As I’m re-installing I will be checking both products after every add-on in installed, and if I should happen on the cause of this error I will certainly get back to you and share the results.

Sorry for not trying KORD beforehand, and thanks for your help and assistance, and for the fantastic products.

Jim H

Hodge001

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 02:22:16 pm »
Hi Umberto

Just a quick update, I have just taken a short flight from KDTW to KORD with the Level-D 767, and all is functioning perfectly, I have not yet installed UTX, but FSGenesis is installed, I must admit I’m getting a little reluctant to install UTX until I have done a little bit more research.

Once again thanks for the help, and the screnery.

Jim H