Author Topic: Problem Installing Zurich  (Read 7470 times)

signmanbob

Problem Installing Zurich
« on: June 20, 2008, 07:16:13 am »
Now I am having problems with the FSX version of Ohara and Zurich.  I'm not 100% sure that Ohara is working right because the scenery doesn't look as good as the Ohara I installed in FS9, so I don't know, it may just be default FSX scenery and Ohara may not  be working at all either.
Zurich won't install at all and the addon manager (the one you linked for me) won't install and I am getting the error message:
Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on):
Name: bglmanx Dynamic Link Library
Version: 2,5,0,3
Company: Virtuali s.a.s.
file: bglmanx.dll

Do you want to run this software (not recommended)?

Thank you,
Bob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem Installing Zurich
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 12:45:34 pm »
Have you already installed the Addon Manager for FSX that was updated yesterday ? The one that downloads bglman.dll files from the net ?

signmanbob

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 06:44:27 pm »
I'll retry it again, Umberto.  I used the one that you linked for me.
Thank you,
Bob

signmanbob

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 04:30:30 am »
Umberto,
I did download it and got the same message but this time I selected to load it anyway (even though it was not "recommended") and it worked. ;D 
I haven't tried Ohara yet, but Zurich loaded and activated without a hitch.
Why is it acting like it is going to blow up FSX if I go ahead and load the addon manager?
Does it matter if you install the addon manager first or install the airports first?  I had both of the airports installed this time, then installed the addon manager and it worked.  Yesterday I installed the addon manager first and I couldn't get it to work, even when I selected to load the addon manager even when it wasn't "recommended".
I'll let you know how ohara turns out ;)
Thank you,
Bob
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 04:48:36 am by signmanbob »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 01:47:28 pm »
Since for FSX we only updated the Stand-Alone Addon Mananger with the new installer (that takes the updated dll from internet every time), because there wasn't any updates needed for the sceneries, for the time being it might be better always installing the Addon Manager as last.

The message about being not recommended running FSX, usually happens only when there's a mixup of bglmanx.dll and bglmanx.dat files (maybe just one wasn't the correct version), and it doesn't normally happen, when correct versions of files are in place.

The new internet-based install should prevent this but, there might still be cases when files couldn't be updated, due to (for example) FSX not being closed properly and still locking files, wrong permissions, limited user account, etc. Sometimes it might be helpful rebooting and installing without having launched FSX.

Also, sometimes FSX simply gets confused: issue that warning, but the program runs anyway and, the next time you launch it, everything is normal.

signmanbob

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 10:10:33 pm »
Hello Umberto,
I loaded Ohara in FSX just fine also.
The reboot is good advise.  I didn't reboot it and FSX kept crashing after everything was installed.  After I rebooted everything is working fine now.
Did you notice what I was telling you about rwy 10 in the Ohara airport.  Jep is showing it as being rwy 9L.  Which is correct?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 11:17:01 pm »
Did you notice what I was telling you about rwy 10 in the Ohara airport.  Jep is showing it as being rwy 9L.  Which is correct?

You have old charts. Runways were renumbered in preparation for the next upcoming northern runway, so the former 9R/27L has been renamed to 10/28. The former 9L/27R has been renamed to 9R/27L and, when the new runway will open, in November, it will be the 9L/27R.

The charts we supplied with the scenery are current, and reflects how the airport is today.

We should be able to update the scenery again, at the end of 2008, to show the new runway (which you can already barely see half done, in the photo real background)

signmanbob

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 07:35:54 am »
Thanks again, Umberto.  These are great looking airports.  I appreciate all of your help in getting things working.  A great product with great support.  What more can a sim-nut ask for  :-*