Author Topic: Passing through objects  (Read 4681 times)

skimmer

Passing through objects
« on: September 08, 2012, 03:51:18 am »
Sometimes I see the -follow me vehicle, passing through objects like sighns and other trucks. I can settle for this, I guess, if I have to, but do others see this happen to?  Thankyou :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passing through objects
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 12:18:12 pm »
This shouldn't happen, you should first check if the AFCAD in use is the correct one, by going in the scenery customization dialog, and see if the AFCAD used by GSX is the one that comes with the scenery.

If yes, please indicate your position when asked for the Follow me vehicle and which parking you selected as a destination, so we can check it.

skimmer

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 05:45:11 pm »
Thankyou. Where is the scenery customization dialog? This took place at LAX,just landed on 25R from DFW and it was first runway exit to the right.I will have to remember from now on to record info like ,what parking spot I chose,because right now all I remember is it was at the Bradly terminal,( I think ) . Sorry :-[ I did'nt expect anything to go wrong so I did'nt record . When you help me with my question I will check AFCAD

Thankyou ;)

« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 05:53:48 pm by skimmer »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 07:41:50 pm »
Where is the scenery customization dialog?

It can be accessed from two places, the Couatl menu and the last option of the GSX menu when parked. This is of course explained in the GSX manual...

skimmer

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 01:15:18 am »
This is what I found, while at KLAX on the FSX in game menu, GSX Customization-AFCAD FSDT/KLAX_V2/scenery/KLAX_AP.BGL  .   I hope this is what you told me to look for. I could not recreate it but in a seperate issue at same airport I landed on 25R and took the second runway exit and received instructions to go to gate 206 I then entered that on GSX and got the follow me and all went fine untill I saw the marshaler with his feet in the ground. Is this fixable or is it because I was in small plane at a gate?

Thankyou :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 10:28:26 pm »
all went fine untill I saw the marshaler with his feet in the ground. Is this fixable or is it because I was in small plane at a gate?

This is an entirely different issue, and it's not a GSX issue at all, it's more like how KLAX is made, the ground layers are slightly raised, and on some parkings this is more apparent. It's more like a side effect of how KLAX is made, and can't really be fixed entirely.

skimmer

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 02:45:52 am »
Oh,thats okay. Its easy to live with and its not like its all over the airport. ;D