Author Topic: Wilco CRJ NEX GEN  (Read 6062 times)

dofly

Wilco CRJ NEX GEN
« on: September 10, 2012, 12:32:34 am »
I followed the procedure for editing the 700 model and saved it. I checked the Airplane Wilco CRJ 700NG GSX.CFG file and it is there. When I load the A/C and try the FSX jetway Ctrl-J nothing happens.
It seems as though it is not reading that file.

boilerbill

Re: Wilco CRJ NEX GEN
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 12:58:16 am »
The jetways are completely controlled by FSX. Other than providing the "Remember to operate the jetway" message, GSX has nothing to do with their operation.

In order for jetways to work, you must have Advanced Animations checked in the Graphics section of FSX. And your graphics card must have certain capabilities. As a quick test, press Shift+F while parked at a gate. This should call a fuel truck; if no truck comes and no message appears, your card may not be capable of jetway movement. Also, some add-on airports do not include moveable jetways. It is best to test this capability at a large default FSX airport.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

dofly

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 01:37:28 am »
Jetway at KSMF works with Level-D 767, QW 757, PMDG 737-800, but not with Wilco CRJ NEX GEN even after GSX custom editing airplane save.

Just as an added note the exits in the aircraft cfg shows this.

[exits]
number_of_exits=4
exit_rate.0=0.15
exit_rate.1=0.25

Also the the advanced animations has always been checked on.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 01:56:58 am by dofly »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 11:48:35 am »
[exits]
number_of_exits=4
exit_rate.0=0.15
exit_rate.1=0.25

That's the reason why the jetways don't work with this airplane: the exits are made in the FS9 format, with the exit_rate parameter instead of the Exit.XX parameter with 5 parameters following ( type, rate, x, y, z ) as indicated in the FSX SDK

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526949.aspx#mozTocId310622

Without any location information (the x, y and z parameters) in the exits, FSX can't figure it out were the door is, so the jetway won't work.

dofly

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 02:25:40 pm »
I just downloaded the new version of this A/C and forgot to change the exit parameters which I had done previously to make the jetway work.
I was under the impression that the GSX.CFG file would have priority over the Aircraft.CFG as it has worked on my other A/C.

Thanks for the info

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 02:44:02 pm »
I was under the impression that the GSX.CFG file would have priority over the Aircraft.CFG as it has worked on my other A/C.

You still don't understand, see the above reply from bollerbill:

The jetways are completely controlled by FSX. Other than providing the "Remember to operate the jetway" message, GSX has nothing to do with their operation.

This is also clearly explained in the GSX manual: EVERYTHING related to jetways operation is entirely unrelated to GSX, the ONLY thing that GSX does, is checking if your parking has a jetway or not, so it will display front stairs (or not) and will remind you (or not) to operate it.

But, as explained many times already, jetways themselves will continue to operate (or not) as they were without GSX. The GSX.CFG file HAS priority over the aircraft.cfg, but for GSX use only, to control GSX vehicles/stairs placement. FSX doesn't know anything about it, and it's FSX that operates the jetways, not GSX!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 02:45:47 pm by virtuali »

dofly

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 04:12:28 pm »
I understand now and I probably did before as indicated in the manual. So I'm going to use senior moments as my excuse. I have several of the FSDT airports and enjoy
them immensely.

Thanks for your help.