Author Topic: FSDT Freezes  (Read 3463 times)

legitmv7

FSDT Freezes
« on: September 09, 2012, 09:13:59 pm »
Whenever I do a flight into any of the FSDT airports when I'm about 10 miles out fsx freezes to load up the scenery. I tried flying default FSX aircraft into the airport and I still get the same thing. A friend told me to set anti pop up to 30 and that worked fine before until I had to reinstall windows for a different reason. I tried setting the anti pop up back to 30 and it still freezes. Any suggestions?

Win 7 x64
4GB DDR3 RAM
GTS240 1GB DDR3
Phenom II x4 830 ~ 2.8GHz
nf725gm-p43

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Freezes
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 09:44:35 pm »
Nobody ever reported this problem before, in the 5 years we released sceneries so, it's very likely your system simply too overloaded with too much things installed, and loading the airport tipped an already precarious balance of resources, up to a crashing point. The two major things that can be tried are:

- Lowering your settings, especially AI airplanes and scenery radius

- Check your video drivers and be sure they are updated, and don't use non-standard or undocumented tweaks if you are not sure what they do

- Reset your FSX.CFG settings, by removing the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, which will reset it to default settings

- Install the latest FSUIPC, which will cure some of the graphic-related crashes ( the g3d.dll crash )

legitmv7

Re: FSDT Freezes
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 10:14:27 pm »
Nobody ever reported this problem before, in the 5 years we released sceneries so, it's very likely your system simply too overloaded with too much things installed, and loading the airport tipped an already precarious balance of resources, up to a crashing point. The two major things that can be tried are:

- Lowering your settings, especially AI airplanes and scenery radius

- Check your video drivers and be sure they are updated, and don't use non-standard or undocumented tweaks if you are not sure what they do

- Reset your FSX.CFG settings, by removing the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, which will reset it to default settings

- Install the latest FSUIPC, which will cure some of the graphic-related crashes ( the g3d.dll crash )

Alright tried everything but lowering the scenery radius, will give that a try now and let you know how that goes