Author Topic: Asighned parking  (Read 3115 times)

skimmer

Asighned parking
« on: September 07, 2012, 08:25:08 pm »
I arrived at HLI , from HOG and requested gate. Ya I know it should have been parking with the Piper. Anyway ground gave me Gate 22,via taxiway D, and it was not on the GSX gate list . I did find 22 on the cargo list for for parking though. I guess I just want to know if that is the way it is for all users at this airport . Thank you. ;D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 09:54:00 pm by skimmer »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Asighned parking
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 10:29:01 pm »
You haven't seen an error or a problem, you have seen a GSX feature.

What the FSX ATC calls "Gate 22", because the ATC is bounded by the FSX naming limitations, is in fact a Cargo gate and, since PHLI is a fully customized GSX airport, is properly named as "CARGO" (so you WILL find it under the "CARGO" group in GSX), as a GSX custom group name so, GSX is absolutely correct in this case.

The ATC assigned a Piper to the "Gate" 22, because it was flagged as "Ramp GA" in the PHLI AFCAD, in order to get rid of the default FSX ground vehicles.

We should probably have used a more descriptive name in the GSX custom name menu for PHLI, as in JFK for example, were something is listed both in the real-world correct name (made possible by GSX) or in the AFCAD name (constrained by FSX naming limitations).

skimmer

Re: Asighned parking
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 10:35:24 pm »
Sure makes sense to me. Thankyou and I love the product ;D ;D