Products Support > GSX Support FSX/P3D

GSX not recognising Addon Scenery AFCAD

(1/5) > >>

MattDavies:
Hello,

It seems for all airports I go to, GSX uses the FSX Stock AFCAD instead of using the supplied one from the publisher. This leads to inaccessible ground services because the majority of the parking spaces/taxiways are misaligned.

GSX regenerates airport cache, but seems to stop at 22%. I've tried to reinstall, that didn't work, so I came here. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks.

virtuali:

--- Quote from: MattDavies on September 03, 2012, 12:37:08 pm ---It seems for all airports I go to, GSX uses the FSX Stock AFCAD instead of using the supplied one from the publisher. This leads to inaccessible ground services because the majority of the parking spaces/taxiways are misaligned.
--- End quote ---

GSX recognizes any AFCAD, provided it doesn't contain errors and is self-contained. Self-contained means the AFCAD is complete, and contains all parkings and taxiways layout. Some AFCAD authors don't include everything, but only modifications of the stock AFCAD so, FSX will get the complete information both from the stock AFCAD and by the scenery AFCAD together. GSX doesn't support this configuration, but it's not very common, especially with commercial sceneries, which are usually all self-contained.

--- Quote ---GSX regenerates airport cache, but seems to stop at 22%.
--- End quote ---

That progress indicator doesn't mean much, it will go from 0 to 100% only if the whole Scenery Library has to be updated. But if you just installed a single scenery, it will be very quick and will not display the 100%, because the process will be finished before the text gets updated so, it's not an indication of a problem.

--- Quote ---I've tried to reinstall, that didn't work, so I came here. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
--- End quote ---

The first thing to try would be forcing FSX to regenerate the whole cache, by removing the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes

Then wait for FSX to regenerate its cache, followed by GSX that will regenerate its own too. Eventually, you might also try to Restart Couatl from the Couatl menu, after the whole regeneration is done.

MattDavies:
Hi again,

I tried your suggestions, restarted the couatl engine and it regenerated the cache. However, everything is still misaligned and when I click on the airport settings, its showing that it's using a stock AFCAD still.

virtuali:

--- Quote from: MattDavies on September 03, 2012, 02:22:44 pm ---However, everything is still misaligned and when I click on the airport settings, its showing that it's using a stock AFCAD still.
--- End quote ---

That likely means the AFCAD that comes with the scenery has a problem or, as I've said before, it's not complete and relies on parking/taxi information coming from the stock AFCAD, so GSX can't use it. Is surely not happening with *every* 3rd party scenery you installed. Do you have a 3rd party scenery you installed were the AFCAD IS used by GSX ?

MattDavies:
I've tried UK2000 London City, FSDT Zurich, LAX, and LAS. All have exactly the same problems.

Ironically, default airports are perfect!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version