Author Topic: Screen goes black after pressing CTRL+F12  (Read 2799 times)

Jackson5

Screen goes black after pressing CTRL+F12
« on: September 14, 2012, 01:09:40 pm »
Hello all,

I have this rather annoying problem with GSX and P3D 1.4.
I work in full screen with the view stretched over three screens (resolution 5760x1080, NVidia GTX 670)
When I call the GSX menu with CTRL+F12 (actually I reassigned it to another hotkey), the screen goes black for about 1-2 seconds and then returns with the Simulator and the GSX menu. After I make a choice and the GSX menu disappears the same happens.
It only happens when I work in full screen. In windowed mode (1 screen only) all is ok!
Other than that GSX works fine, great program by the way!

Anyone here has the same problem or knows of a solution?

Regards,
Jackson5

Found an answer on the P3D forum. It seems this will not be solved until P3D v2.0

Quote:

DirectX and WPF don't play nicely in full screen mode. WPF has to drop back to software rendering because it can't share the back buffer with the rendering system. We've fixed several related issues, but there are still some quirks. I will create a ticket to look into the cockpit focus issue.

The plan for 2.0 is to rework full screen mode to be non-exclusive. This will allow other apps and processes to share the back buffers which should help fix the WPF issues, and allow 3rd party plugins to overlay on the sim in full screen.

Beau

Prepar3D Software Engineer

« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 03:52:06 pm by Jackson5 »