Author Topic: having problems  (Read 6961 times)

evolve76

having problems
« on: May 30, 2008, 10:43:06 pm »
Hey guy's

I just recently bought Zurich scenery for fs9, but I keep on getting this messages. It is " eSellerateEngine not found".  Also when I try to restart fs9 I get one that say's" Can't copy eSellerateEngine.dll in the windows folder!" What do I need to do? ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: having problems
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 11:11:07 pm »
It might be you have an older version of the library that can't be updated for some reason, sometimes because FS9 didn't quit properly, and is still locking access to the dll. Another reason might be you are running with a user login without administrative rights on your machine.

Try to reboot first, without launching FS9, to be sure, then:

Look for the eSellerateEngine.dll file in the following folders:

\windows
\ProgramData\Esellerate (this folder is hidden by default, you need to enable hidden files in Explore to see it)
\YourFS9folder

If you find the eSellerateEngine.dll file in any of these folders, delete all its instances.

Then, run the installer again. At the end of the installation you should find the eSellerateEngine.dll placed by the installer in the C:\Windows, if you are running XP, or C:\ProgramData\Esellerate, if you are running in Vista.

If the dll is still not there, you can download the dll from here:

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/binaries/eSellerateEngine.dll

and manually place it under C:\Windows, if you are running XP, or C:\ProgramData\Esellerate, if you are running Vista.

evolve76

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 11:42:34 pm »
still having the problem >:(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 12:15:30 am »
If you download the dll and manually copy it in the correct folder, it's guaranteed to be working. Please, is important to place the dll in the correct folder, C:\Windows under XP, and C:\ProgramData\Esellerate under Vista. Have you done that ?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 12:18:55 am by virtuali »

evolve76

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 12:41:16 am »
ya I've done what you said. The demo works fine, but I can't get it to work when I have to put in the register key. Then then everything goes away when the demo is done.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 01:18:49 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 01:25:33 am »
That message appears because the installer, for any reason, wasn't able to install the esellerateengine.dll in the correct folder.

I see you are using Vista (if you said it initially, that might have made explanations simpler)

A problem that might happen under Vista, is that you have an older version in C:\Windows (that's wrong for Vista), and that is preventing the new to work in the correct folder C:\ProgramData\Esellerate.

That's why I've told you to first check the folders and remove all instances of that dll, then reinstall, then CHECK your C:\ProgramData\Esellerate folder (hidden, by default) to see if the installer WAS able to copy the file this time, and there should be no other copies around.

Another reason might be your account has limited permissions, this MIGHT be solved by doing some of the following:

- running FS9 as Administrator, at least once to activate the scenery.

- turning off Vista UAC ( look here to see how to do this )

http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm

evolve76

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 01:50:42 am »
thanks!!!! that fixed it. Now I need to figure how to get my ai traffic to show up