Author Topic: Cargo loading time?  (Read 5080 times)

mhlarsen

Cargo loading time?
« on: October 14, 2012, 07:11:18 pm »
I saw in an older post that there is no way at the moment to set time for baggage loading, but that it might be implemented later.

As I assume no timing is also true for cargo loading, would this be considered also for a future update?

Just out of curiosity, when cargo loading is started is the animation duration a fixed time?
Is it at all possible in GSX to relate cargo loading to actual cargo volume?

Thanks for a great addon.

Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cargo loading time?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 07:18:07 pm »
I saw in an older post that there is no way at the moment to set time for baggage loading, but that it might be implemented later.

The baggage loading time can't just be set freely, because it's dependent on the baggage animation, which is dependent by the available space for baggage on the cart and the number of carts, which we set at 3 maximum (longer trains will have issues maneuvering on the parking).

KingCat

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 10:21:05 am »
In my opinion this can be easily solved by running the animation multiple times. In that case the number of carts stays the same. They just have to drive back and forth a few times depending on the timesetting.

Jon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 10:30:11 am »
They just have to drive back and forth a few times depending on the timesetting.

Yes, of course multiple trips might be a solution, but it's not as easy as it seems, because we need to be sure the baggage trains will not run into each other or other vehicles, which is more likely if they do several trips.

KingCat

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 12:11:13 pm »
Bagagetrains running into eachother only happens when your using multiple trains. If you just use the same 2 trains everytime, than there's no conflict in collisions.

For example: the 2 bagagetrains drive from the terminal to the airplane, unload everything and drive back to the terminal. Than the animation starts all over again with the same 2 trains coming from the terminal to the airplane until the preset time has expired. That avoids collisions between vehicles.

Maybe this is the solution?

Jon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 02:02:39 pm »
Bagagetrains running into eachother only happens when your using multiple trains. If you just use the same 2 trains everytime, than there's no conflict in collisions.

No, first because we are not using the "same" trains, but also because starting times are randomized so a vehicle departing from its starting point might conflict with one arriving from the airplane.

For example: the 2 bagagetrains drive from the terminal to the airplane, unload everything and drive back to the terminal. Than the animation starts all over again with the same 2 trains coming from the terminal to the airplane until the preset time has expired. That avoids collisions between vehicles.

No, this won't solve anything. You must understand that, it's not an "animation". Once vehicles detach from the airplane, they are not animations anymore, but full-blown ground vehicles that will have to follow unpredictable paths of not foreseeable lenghts with randomized timings either in order not to look too predictable. So, please, when I've say it's not SO easy, please accept it.

Which doesn't obviously mean it's not doable, but it's not as simple as it seems.

mhlarsen

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 02:24:47 pm »
My original post was for cargo loading, but I assume that baggage loading and cargo loading run through the same code somehow?

Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 02:30:13 pm »
My original post was for cargo loading, but I assume that baggage loading and cargo loading run through the same code somehow?

It's not exactly the same code, but the principle and the issues are the same.