Author Topic: Couatl Error at EGSS (UK2000 Stansted)  (Read 18397 times)

cbd80

Couatl Error at EGSS (UK2000 Stansted)
« on: August 26, 2012, 09:08:17 pm »
Hi.

Everytime I try and load UK2000's Stansted, no matter what aircraft I get an error message saying the Couatl engine has been forced to restart. I have attached the error log.

The error message keeps popping up every 10 seconds and my memory usage spikes up to maximum.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled EGSS and I have the latest version of Addon Manager.

Any suggestions to resolve the issue please?

Thanks,

Chris

cbd80

Re: Couatl Error at EGSS (UK2000 Stansted)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 06:23:36 pm »
Any update on this issue please?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 10:24:14 pm »
That error doesn't happen here. Try to download and install the full GSX installer, instead of just the Addon Manager.

If that doesn't work, try to remove the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes

(note that C:\ProgramData is hidden, so you'll have to enable hidden folders view in Explorer)

This will force both FSX and GSX to rebuild their caches. When GSX it's done, exit from FSX and enter it again, and see if the problem gets fixed.

cbd80

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 01:02:48 am »
Thanks for the response Virtuali.

I have tried both options and unfortunately I have had no success.

I have found that the memory usage increase I am experiencing is caused by couatl.exe being continuously restarted.

Any further suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 05:48:16 pm »
I have found that the memory usage increase I am experiencing is caused by couatl.exe being continuously restarted.

None of this can be replicated, and nobody every reported it so far. Your error log doesn't show anything meaningful. The usual suggestion is to trying uninstalling GSX and reinstall it using the full installer, downloaded now (not a previous installer you might have)

cbd80

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 07:25:38 pm »
Hi. I did re-download the latest GSX installer.

The message that appears states:

The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart. Details can be found in....

Perhaps it is not GSX put Couatl then. I have not had issues at other airports.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 10:46:12 pm »
Details can be found in....

That was the most important information: what the Couatl.ERR file that message is referring to contains now ?

cbd80

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 11:15:33 pm »
Hi Virtuali. Please find attached the latest log.

cbd80

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 02:41:44 am »
I've done another fresh install of both the Addon Manager and GSX. I still keep getting errors at different airports. This one was with France VFR Bale Mulhouse.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 01:52:32 pm »
Both the addon manager and GSX have been updated since August, are you using fresh downloads to reinstall?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

cbd80

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 02:06:27 pm »
Hi Bruce,

Yes both latest installers. If I uninstall the Addon Manager and then install it GSX doesn't appear in the 'Addon' menu in FSX, so then I have to re-install GSX at which point the problems continue.

Chris

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 05:11:54 pm »
GSX isn't under the add-ons menu... what you should see is Addon Manager, which is pretty self explanatory, and Couatl Powered Products, which is where you'll find GSX.  If you have a proper install, you'll see both of those entries under add-ons.  Are either of those missing?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

cbd80

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 05:17:00 pm »
Sorry Bruce, I should have been more specific. I was referring to the GSX Setting disappearing from the Couatl Powered Products Menu under Addon-Ons if I uninstall and re-install the Addon Manager.

I currently have both the Addon Manager and Couatl Powered Products listed under Add-ons.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 05:25:29 pm »
The GSX setting will disappear if you remove the addon manager, GSX needs it to run.  You can't just reinstall the addon manager and expect GSX to return, you need to reinstall it as well.  Presuming you have both menu items under add-ons and GSX under Couatl powered products, start a flight with your aircraft on the active runway and press control-F12... what happens?

cbd80

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 05:35:02 pm »
That's fair enough about having to re-install GSX after a re-install of Addon Manager.

Ctrl-F12 opens the GSX dialogue box, that is not an issue.

What happens with some airports is that I get a message box that pops up saying an 'Addon (unknown) has caused Couatl.exe to stop responding'. Couatl restarts, and shortly afterwards the message pops back up and Couatl restarts again, and so on...

In the end I end up with several Couatl.exe running in Task Manager and my memory usage goes through the roof.