Author Topic: Run time errors  (Read 17756 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Run time errors
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 07:56:19 pm »
Ok I believe you... So how do I fix this "audio" problem

First we should check if YOUR issue is the audio one. As I've said already, you might try checking the Windows Event Viewer, which is located under the Administrative Tools section of the Windows Control Panel, and look in the Application Log, for errors related to FSX.EXE or COUATL.EXE. Any such event should have details about what really crashed, post it here so we can see what's wrong with your system.

SWAPilot

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 12:18:11 am »
what do i look for. i did find this

SWAPilot

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 12:19:26 am »
crap didnt work.. it said that it was due to a faulting module name of; wrap_oal.dll- Does this help?

SWAPilot

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 12:28:12 am »
what is the dll supposed to open up with because i just screwed it up

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2012, 06:53:25 am »
crap didnt work.. it said that it was due to a faulting module name of; wrap_oal.dll- Does this help?

That's everything I need to know and, guess what, it IS the audio problem. Wrap_oal.dll is a library that comes with OpenAL (Open Audio Library) that we use with GSX, and that most audio drivers are supposed to support, at least in the generic software mode, which runs on top of DirectSound. If your audio driver is buggy, it might cause wrap_oal.dll to crash.

Try this first, go into the FSX\fsdreateam\Couatl\ folder and REMOVE the wrap_oal.dll there, and see if it makes any difference.

SWAPilot

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2012, 06:01:27 pm »
Ok I will do that, but what are dlls supposed to open with?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2012, 07:10:22 pm »
Ok I will do that, but what are dlls supposed to open with?

Do only what I've said, you are not supposed to open them with anything, Couatl.exe will use them as necessary, without your intervention.

SWAPilot

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2012, 07:30:35 pm »
ok well i screwed them up to where they open with coautl

SWAPilot

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2012, 08:18:51 pm »

That's everything I need to know and, guess what, it IS the audio problem. Wrap_oal.dll is a library that comes with OpenAL (Open Audio Library) that we use with GSX, and that most audio drivers are supposed to support, at least in the generic software mode, which runs on top of DirectSound. If your audio driver is buggy, it might cause wrap_oal.dll to crash.

Try this first, go into the FSX\fsdreateam\Couatl\ folder and REMOVE the wrap_oal.dll there, and see if it makes any difference.
I did that but its the same results

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2012, 12:49:44 am »

Check if you have a wrap_oal.dll in your C:\Windows\System32 too. If yes, remove it, then try this OpenAl download from Creative:

http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/Downloads/oalinst.zip

This will restore the version in your C:\Windows\System32 folder with the most current version of it.

If that doesn't work too, then sorry, the problem is clearly your audio driver that is crashing with OpenAL so, either you find an a non-bugged audio driver, or you are out of options (other than purchasing a different audio card).

Sometimes it's best to use the audio card manufacturer drivers, but sometimes it's best to use the default Windows drivers. Try in both ways.

SWAPilot

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2012, 03:06:51 am »

Check if you have a wrap_oal.dll in your C:\Windows\System32 too. If yes, remove it, then try this OpenAl download from Creative:

This will restore the version in your C:\Windows\System32 folder with the most current version of it.

If that doesn't work too, then sorry, the problem is clearly your audio driver that is crashing with OpenAL so, either you find an a non-bugged audio driver, or you are out of options (other than purchasing a different audio card).

Sometimes it's best to use the audio card manufacturer drivers, but sometimes it's best to use the default Windows drivers. Try in both ways.
Ok and how do i fix my dll?

SWAPilot

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2012, 03:12:46 am »

ok it still didnt work but how am i sure i did these right?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2012, 10:13:07 am »

Just follow what I've said, to the letter. This will not surely "fix your .dll", it's just a test to see if the .dll version is the cause of the problem. If the problem is the audio driver itself, changing the .dll will probably not help, which seems to be the case.

As I've said already, sometimes it's best to use the audio card manufacturer drivers, but sometimes it's best to use the default Windows drivers. Try in both ways.

SWAPilot

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2012, 02:45:22 am »
ok so should i get a default or what kind???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2012, 03:19:01 am »
As I've said already, sometimes it's best to use the audio card manufacturer drivers, but sometimes it's best to use the default Windows drivers. Try in both ways.