Author Topic: Run time errors  (Read 17755 times)

SWAPilot

Run time errors
« on: August 24, 2012, 07:34:14 pm »
 ???Why are there run time errors and how do I fix this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Run time errors
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 08:00:18 pm »
Please indicates *exactly* the error text.

The usual reason, is that you haven't installed the latest GSX version using the full installer, and the self-update didn't worked on your system for some reason, but downloading the full installer should fix this.

If that doesn't fix it, report the error text precisely.

SWAPilot

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 08:59:37 pm »
Thanks man I will try to get that done in the mean while what is new in the update?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 09:50:45 pm »
The update notification window has an option to read the update release notes, with an historical list of all fixes made since GSX was released.

SWAPilot

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 05:43:41 am »
i tried downloading it again but it stilll happened!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 08:05:23 am »
You still haven indicated the *exact* error text, as I've asked in one of my previous replies. Is the error indicated in this thread ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6754.msg58130#msg58130

If yes, try to follow the solutions indicated there.

SWAPilot

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 03:17:58 am »
thats my issue alright but i cant find an answer in that thread

SWAPilot

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 09:19:31 pm »
hheeellooo???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 09:40:50 pm »
First, there's no need to bump up a subject, since I've already pointed out to the other thread, it should have been pretty obvious that one contains everything we know about this issue.

The issue is NOT caused by any of our products, it's usually something bugged in your system, which is CAUSING Couatl.exe to crash (it's not the other way around, Couatl.exe is the victim of something else in your system which has gone wrong) which is either the VC++ runtimes or a problem with your Windows account, which was cured by all users in that thread.

Another user I've assisted with Teamviewer, had this error, which turned out to be caused by audio drivers with bugged support for the OpenAL standard sound library. A possible solution for this could be replacing/updating the audio drivers. Sometimes it's best to use the one supplied with Windows, sometimes it's best to use the ones by the sound card or mainboard manufacturer, there's no rule, one has to try.

SWAPilot

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 02:10:11 am »
ok well this is a paid product that needs to have QUALITY customer support as for this issue i dont know what to do!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 09:07:11 am »
ok well this is a paid product that needs to have QUALITY customer support as for this issue i dont know what to do!

Your mistake is to assume the problem is CAUSED by GSX, when in fact GSX is a VICTIM by a problem in your system so, you can't expect we'd be able to fix a problem in your system or a bugged driver you are using. Everything we know about this issue, has been already indicated in the thread I've pointed you before. And I've already replied with additional informations about other possible causes so, I really don't see what more support we could offer on this issue.

You might try checking the Windows Event Viewer, which is located under the Administrative Tools section of the Windows Control Panel, and look in the Application Log, for errors related to FSX.EXE or COUATL.EXE. Any such event should have details about what really crashed, post it here so we can see what's wrong with your system.

SWAPilot

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 05:51:52 am »
ok my friend lets start from scratch...
it was working fine i redownloaded it but is still giving me runtime errors what do i do?

SWAPilot

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 05:53:57 am »
ok my friend lets start from scratch...
it was working fine i redownloaded it but is still giving me runtime errors what do i do?
And why are there so much threads with this same issue? might an update help?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 11:12:18 am »
And why are there so much threads with this same issue? might an update help?

"So much" ?? There are just a few, counting people that open a new double thread, and haven't been posted by more than ten people, out the thousands of GSX customers, clearly proving it's not a GSX problem.

If, for example, there's a bugged audio driver out there that (a couple of issues were clearly related to the audio), it will affect anyone, but it's not something we could fix from our side, other than rewriting the audio engine entirely.

Any, in any case, several users that reported it, had it fixed by reinstalling FSX or Windows, further proving the problem was external to our software.

SWAPilot

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2012, 07:09:14 pm »
Ok I believe you... So how do I fix this "audio" problem