Author Topic: Vehicles not aligning with rear doors  (Read 4586 times)

Daniel.Burke01

Vehicles not aligning with rear doors
« on: August 20, 2012, 01:25:17 am »
The Vehicles don't seem to want to align with the rear doors on my PMDG 737NGX.  This was never a problem until the most recent update...

Thanks,
DAN BURKE

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Vehicles not aligning with rear doors
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 06:26:09 am »
Your screenshot isn't very clear.

However, the only vehicle that has been changed in the update is the baggage loader and the non-propelled staircase, which are now positioned more accurately. The downside of this is that, with some airplanes, editing the doors positions might be required, which is of course very easy to do with the new graphical editor. So, this not a problem, but it's an improvement.

If, instead, you were referring to vehicles other that these two, which wasn't clear both from the screenshot and the subject of the post, nothing in the update could possibly have any effect on them.

Daniel.Burke01

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 06:33:54 am »
I am not sure what is so unclear about it...If you look at the catering truck, the ramp to the rear door is about 2 feet below the door, and on the opposite side, the stair case is the same. Its very clear to see the door opening and the fact that the ramp of the catering truck and the staircase are not anywhere close to lining up with the rear doors.  This also occurs with the baggage loader.  IN this photo, the baggage loader is not raised into position, however it doesn't raise much higher and also stops shy of being level with the cargo door. I would post a larger photo, but everytime I try it keeps telling me the photo is too large...

johndrago

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 06:52:30 pm »
The Vehicles don't seem to want to align with the rear doors on my PMDG 737NGX.  This was never a problem until the most recent update...

Thanks,
DAN BURKE

Strange, I use the NGX almost exclusively, and don't have a problem.  I'm on the latest GSX build.

- John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 07:34:06 pm »
I am not sure what is so unclear about it...

It wasn't very clear, it would have been easier if you took it at an angle instead of straight behind, and it wasn't clear too which vehicles you were referring to.

However, this doesn't happen here, and nobody else reported it, and the PMDG is probably the most used airplane with GSX and it ALSO the best supported one.

Are you using a customization file for it, or you made one yourself ? If yes, try to remove it, the PMDG 737 doesn't require any config file, because it's a fully supported airplane by GSX internally. To remove any customization, go into the Aircraft configuration editor, and Reset the configuration to the default (not to the last save, you'll be asked what to do), then RESTART COUATL from its menu and try again.

Daniel.Burke01

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 10:05:33 pm »
I've never made any customizations to my aircraft.  I will try what you've said.  I've never had a problem with it until recently.  I am an avid user of both GSX and the NGX and only recently noticed the issue after an update. However, I'll try what you said. Thanks

Daniel.Burke01

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 10:20:09 pm »
I've solved the problem and it is with the customization that CAME with GSX.  I reset like you said and found after the reset that the vertical values for all the rear doors were lower than those of the front.  The defaults for the rear were listed as 2.81 and the front doors at 2.85.  When I adjusted the back doors to match the front with the 2.85, the vehicles now all align properly.  Not sure why this changed, but this was the first time I have ever even used the aircraft editor. I don't know why mine is different or why it changed, but if anyone else has this issue, this is the solution.

Thanks,
Dan