Author Topic: Graphical Airplane Config editor - is it still buggy ?  (Read 4446 times)

BrzI

Graphical Airplane Config editor - is it still buggy ?
« on: August 15, 2012, 02:46:09 am »
I am trying to cutomize the CS 707 front passenger door. Using the Graphical Airplane Config editor I put the coordinates in position, hit Y, hit Save and then reset position. It does not take...it keeps positioning the stairs a foot or so down.

About the only setting I get right is the front cargo door..rear cargo and passenger doors are also off. It is usually the vertical offset - others seem OK.

Am I theonly one seeing this ?

dsflyerds

• Beta tester
    • Virtual Aviation Experience
Re: Graphical Airplane Config editor - is it still buggy ?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 07:37:31 pm »
I am trying to cutomize the CS 707 front passenger door. Using the Graphical Airplane Config editor I put the coordinates in position, hit Y, hit Save and then reset position. It does not take...it keeps positioning the stairs a foot or so down.

About the only setting I get right is the front cargo door..rear cargo and passenger doors are also off. It is usually the vertical offset - others seem OK.

Am I theonly one seeing this ?

I'm having a similar problem http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7115.0

BrzI

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 07:54:27 pm »
I think the cause of this is the positioning of the model in slew mode. Some models do not seem to move whereas others will "jump" off the ground. I ended up by using trial and error until I got a got config (defeats the purpose of the graphical interface)

Aerosoft have found a way round it in AES. What you see in their graphical editor is what you get. It works right away. GSX on the other hand requires trial and error.

I hope FSDT finds a similar fix.

btw...I cannot find the many-times-mentioned gsx.cfg shared repository where users upload their customized files...anybody knows where it may be ?

dsflyerds

• Beta tester
    • Virtual Aviation Experience
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 08:36:43 pm »

btw...I cannot find the many-times-mentioned gsx.cfg shared repository where users upload their customized files...anybody knows where it may be ?
They are in the support forums for GSX below are the links to them.
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?board=51.0 - Airplane Configs
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?board=52.0 - Scenery Configs

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 11:39:41 am »
I think the cause of this is the positioning of the model in slew mode. Some models do not seem to move whereas others will "jump" off the ground. I ended up by using trial and error until I got a got config (defeats the purpose of the graphical interface)

That's a problem with some models and their contact points. It seems none of them reacts the same way. We already do a correction based on the static_cg_height, but it seems that FSX itself behaves in an erratic way, even with the same airplane.

Aerosoft have found a way round it in AES. What you see in their graphical editor is what you get. It works right away. GSX on the other hand requires trial and error

I hope FSDT finds a similar fix.

This is the FIRST release of the graphical editor, we'll obviously fix this, as we fixed every problem that is being reported right now. It only took a bit more than a week to do the graphical editor from scratch, FSX is not a 5 years-old product, it was released only about 6 months ago...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 11:41:37 am by virtuali »

BrzI

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 07:01:47 pm »
This is the FIRST release of the graphical editor, we'll obviously fix this, as we fixed every problem that is being reported right now. It only took a bit more than a week to do the graphical editor from scratch, FSX is not a 5 years-old product, it was released only about 6 months ago...

No problem. Not trying to be difficult. I will wait for the fix patiently  ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 01:32:44 pm »
We released a Live Update now, that should fix these problems. Either use the "Check Live Update" menu option to get it now, or just wait up to 24 hours, and you'll get the automatic notification anyway.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:47:04 pm by virtuali »