Author Topic: Parking Spaces- 3rd party airports  (Read 3732 times)

CptParker

Parking Spaces- 3rd party airports
« on: August 15, 2012, 11:49:28 am »
Hi, I'm having problems with GSX at 3rd party airports.

if I set up a free flight at a 3rd party airport, selecting the parking spot from the FSX menu...GSX acts like the plane is not at a parking spot i.e the GSX menu comes up with the parking options instead of the ground service options. If I select parking services at these airports or try to edit them using the parking spot editor, the GSX parking places are nowhere near the airports' ones.

GSX works fine at default airports though, and I think its using the default FSX parking spots instead of the ones in the new airports bgl. Is it supposed to be able to detect the airports parking spaces or do you need a special configuration file?

I'm running FSX Acceleration on Win7. Some of the problem airports are Orbx Melbourne, Pacific Island sim Fua'amotu and RealNZ Wellinton.

Thanx.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Parking Spaces- 3rd party airports
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 11:53:04 am »
You should first check if GSX is using the 3rd party scenery AFCAD. This can be easily done by selecting the "Customize this parking position" option, the dialog will indicate the AFCAD in use. If the name is something like APXxxxxx.BGL, it means the default AFCAD it's in use.

If the scenery AFCAD has problems that can't be fixed automatically, like wrong links, orphaned parkings, unreachable parkings, etc, it might be rejected by GSX so the default will be used instead. If the scenery AFCAD is without faults, GSX will use it without any special configuration.

bkwood20

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 10:16:26 pm »
Is there any way to fix those kind of problems? I have some paywere scenery wich isnt working right.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 11:00:39 pm »
Is there any way to fix those kind of problems? I have some paywere scenery wich isnt working right.

If the problem is due to such errors in the AFCAD, the only way to fix them is to fix the AFCAD.