Author Topic: impossible to re-install GSX  (Read 4327 times)

meto

impossible to re-install GSX
« on: August 18, 2012, 04:39:32 pm »
HELLO,

recently i changed my motherboard and processor...................since then................cannot install GSX, (win 7,,,,,fsx)

gone thru after purchase service.............what is the installation ID ?????..i put the serial number..........

it says.........invalid ID...................put the ORDER NUMBER..............SAME THING.............

i am beginning to loose patience...................how can i re install a software i bought without a CD ???????????

THANK YOU,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: impossible to re-install GSX
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 11:27:21 pm »
First, it would be nice if you could write a message in a more readable way. Your point can get across just the same, without having to abuse of punctuation marks and emoticons.

Your problem doesn't have anything to do with the "lack of CD" you are mentioning. The "Installation ID" is NOT normally used, it's NOT the normal way to reinstall but, it's an ALTERNATE way to activate a product when NO INTERNET CONNECTION is available.

If the program can't access the internet, it will present you with an alternate activation method, which require to generate an hardware ID on your system, go to ANOTHER PC that HAS internet access, generate an installation ID based on the hardware ID, which you can use on the non-internet connected PC to activate without an internet connection.

This is called OFFLINE activation and will only appear if the computer you are installing into doesn't have online access.

Now, the reason for this is either you *really* don't have online access, in this case either connect the PC to the internet OR follow the aforementioned OFFLINE activation

OR

You have installed a firewall program, which is blocking online access to FSX, so it thinks there's no internet connection and start the offline activation method. In this case, you will have to configure your firewall program to grant online access to FSX.

If you can access the internet, reactivation can't be simpler:

- Select the Addon Manager menu

- Select the product to be activated

- Click the "Register Serial" button

- Insert your SERIAL NUMBER (the one listed as "Serial Number" on your purchase receipt) and let it activate.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:29:08 pm by virtuali »

meto

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 01:12:55 pm »
hi,

sorry for my punctuation..............i didnt took the time to review what i wrote,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe to anxious.........

maybe i was on the moon yesterday,,,,,,,,but,,,,,,,,,,,,StevenK.......helped me  and it was my error,

i did forgot the......ADDON MANAGER.............

anyway..................now its working great...............

thank you for your reply and help..............next time if something happen, i will be less frustrated...........

about the emoticons...............i really dont know who put it there............i was surprise myself to see it there
i dont even know if its automatic or what............

thank you again...............and sorry if maybe again i make some punctuation errors............im french canadian and im trying to
do my best when i write or talk in english,,,,,,,,,,,,,because i dont do it everyday at home. on my mothers side there are italian and
even in italian................i lost the language and i feel very sorry for that.
grazie,,,,,,,,,,,thank you,

StevenK

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 02:57:24 pm »
I think what Umberto meant was to not use loads of ....... between your messages
It makes reading a little harder
If you just use the enter key it makes your text more readable

Im glad you got your problem solved
GSX is by far the best addon for FSX
There sceneries are the best too

Have fun
Steven Kiberton
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.3Ghz | Coolermaster Hyper TX3 | ASUS Motherboard M5A 78L-M | 16GB DDR3 RAM | EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1gb PCI Express DDR3 DVI HDMI | 750w Corsair AX750 | 1TB HDD + 120GB SSD | x2 - 20" WideScreen Monitors

fsxking08

• "Keep on Flying!"
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 07:34:18 am »
"hi,

sorry for my punctuation, i didnt took the time to review what i wrote maybe to anxious..

maybe i was on the moon yesterday, but StevenK helped me and it was my error,

i did forgot the ADDON MANAGER

anyway now its working great

thank you for your reply and help next time if something happen, i will be less frustrated

about the emoticons i really dont know who put it there i was surprise myself to see it there
i dont even know if its automatic or what

thank you again and sorry if maybe again i make some punctuation errors im french canadian and im trying to
do my best when i write or talk in english because i dont do it everyday at home. on my mothers side there are italian and
even in italian i lost the language and i feel very sorry for that.
grazie thank you"

i took the liberty of removing the un needed puncuation marks.

I7, 2.93 GHz
ATI Radeon 4600 (1 gig memory)
4 gigs RAM
CS 767-300, 757-200, 757-200F