Author Topic: anyone here to windows XP with GSX?  (Read 3370 times)

fsxking08

• "Keep on Flying!"
anyone here to windows XP with GSX?
« on: August 03, 2012, 06:35:55 am »
I'm having some issues with GSX on my computer with windows XP, Mr. Virtuali has done all he can do to help me, and I appreciate his help very much, but there's nothing he can do, so I just want to know if anyone who uses XP has the problem of invisable push tug, follow me car, marshaller, catering trucks and sometimes baggage trucks.

I7, 2.93 GHz
ATI Radeon 4600 (1 gig memory)
4 gigs RAM
CS 767-300, 757-200, 757-200F

DrumsArt

Re: anyone here to windows XP with GSX?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 11:09:34 am »
Ok, let's go...

I guess you have the Windows SP3 and updated drivers of course.

1-Download, install and run Ccleaner program (free version)

2-Defrag all hardisk

3-Get the free program Game Booster 3.
a/With this tool use the FSX folder defrag option.
b/Configure the Boost Start option.
c/Run the Boost Start. Normally after that I have +-18 processes running in the taskmgr (Ctrl/Alt/Del). How many have you currently ?

4-Exclude the FSX folder from your anti-virus program.

5-Last but not least : go to the link Umberto gave you.

Regards,

Richard Portier
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 PRO 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.1|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|GSX|ORBX

fsxking08

• "Keep on Flying!"
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 08:18:22 pm »
That didn't work, it actually made it worse, now only 1 push truck shows up, thats it. I'm getting kind of mad now, I paid 40 dollars for this, I expect it to work on ALL types of computers.

I7, 2.93 GHz
ATI Radeon 4600 (1 gig memory)
4 gigs RAM
CS 767-300, 757-200, 757-200F

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 11:48:03 am »
That didn't work, it actually made it worse, now only 1 push truck shows up, thats it. I'm getting kind of mad now, I paid 40 dollars for this, I expect it to work on ALL types of computers.

There ARE users that use GSX with Windows XP. The problem is NOT GSX but, most likely, some XP video drivers that has bugs that nobody fixes anymore. Obvious proof for this, is that we have many users running GSX under XP successfully so, the problem can't be GSX. Alberto, the main GSX developer, uses Windows XP himself...

However, you can't expect we'd test GSX under a 11-years old OS under *several* hardware and drivers configurations.

Of course, since the product is available in Trial version and can be used for free at all FSDT sceneries, you can always check it yourself on your own system.