Author Topic: Follow Me Vehicle  (Read 5045 times)

culver12

Follow Me Vehicle
« on: August 08, 2012, 06:37:50 am »
I have installed GSX and the functions work at the gate, (I have to press "Shift F" for some reason. I cant get the follow me vehicle to appear on the runway. I tried Shift F-12 and Shiift F and nothing.  Can you advise?

Thank you,

Chris

DrumsArt

Re: Follow Me Vehicle
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 02:47:50 pm »
Not sure to understand your problem but begin to make a try with CTRL F12 NOT SHIFT F12.

Regards,

Richard Portier
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 PRO 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.1|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|GSX|ORBX

culver12

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 08:47:53 pm »
Thanks Richard, but I tried the "Ctrl F -12" while I am on thr runway and nothing happens. The Shift F keys activate the services at the gate, but I cant get the follow me services to work. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 09:53:39 pm »
You should first check what key you have assigned to GSX, using the "Change key assignment" option under the "Couatl powered products" menu. AND, if you have the IVAP program, you will have to change the GSX default hotkey, because the IVAP program use the same key, so it won't work together with GSX unless you change the hotkey used.

culver12

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 11:58:22 pm »
Thank you for replying Umberto. I changed the hotkey to "F1" for Couatl but it didnt help. I still activate the docking services through "Shift F" for some reason, and nothing happens when I'm on the runway to activate the "follow me" services. I dont have the  IVAP program as far as I now. (I dont know what the IVAP program is to be honest.)

This really is a great product and I want to use it all. I have KLAS and KLAX and want all the US airports, but I want this to work first.

Thanks,

Chris

pete_auau

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 08:42:23 am »
Dont  know if it make s any difference  maybe  not,  i always  use  the  follow me  truck when turned off the rwy   at the holding  point so whether it  doesnt  work if  your  on the rwy or  if  your  off  the rwy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 11:20:49 am »
Thank you for replying Umberto. I changed the hotkey to "F1" for Couatl but it didnt help.

You can't assign a key already used by FSX. F1 is the default key for "Slew down fast". Use a free combination. The best one, is of course the default one, CTRL+F12.

I dont have the  IVAP program as far as I now. (I dont know what the IVAP program is to be honest.)

Then you can use default key.

This really is a great product and I want to use it all. I have KLAS and KLAX and want all the US airports, but I want this to work first.

GSX surely works, but there's a problem with your system, maybe you have a permissions problems or a Windows registry problem. Try the following:

open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

Save the file as couatl.ini in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder, so it stays at the same level of the couatl.exe. Then go in FSX, then when it's done, press the CTRL+F12 key ( you have of course redefined it before ), then exit, and post the content of the Couatl.LOG file that should have been created inside FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder.